Eric Martin's tweet taking offense to Brock Huard's Nebraska prediction makes ESPN's CFB Live

I agree with Brock Huard.

brainiscrying.gif

I hate to agree with this sentiment, but I also agree... I think we will be a better team than last season, but the record may not be as good... Too many toss up games on the road (ucla, msu, northwestern, iowa) and home field may not be enough to overcome a few of the big time games (Mich) ....

Sorry for the "debbie downer", but I see the same here.

If you think UCLA, Northwestern and Iowa are tossups you are a lot further down on the team then a debbie downer.

My sentiments exactly. :thumbs

I said this before and I'll say it again. I HOPE people (talking heads, sports 'knowitalls', et al) underestimate us! Then we can quietly prepare for each game as if it's the most important one we will play all year, then quietly win each one. We will gain attention and admiration by what we actually do on the field, not by what comes out of the mouths of our players, coaches or fans. (I am excited for this season though and wish our team the best! GBR!)

I think we can win 9, but don't understand the "confidence" most on board have. As I said in previous post...waiting for someone to post the the obvious wins, supported by logical reason why NU will be favored or will win... other than the "we are Nebraska and everyone else sucks" reason...or Bo can't lose reasoning...

Long time members know that I am the biggest Big Red fan out there and have been around the country (doesn't make me any smarter than anyone..just letting new members know that I truly bleed Husker Red to the bone).

I just have a hard time being as optimistic rather than realistic... I am not a pessimist, just think we have a schedule that isn't a cake walk... expecting 11 wins is setting yourself up for huge disappointment and for a board meltdown.

I think we can win 9, but don't understand the "confidence" most on board have. As I said in previous post...waiting for someone to post the the obvious wins, supported by logical reason why NU will be favored or will win... other than the "we are Nebraska and everyone else sucks" reason...or Bo can't lose reasoning...

Long time members know that I am the biggest Big Red fan out there and have been around the country (doesn't make me any smarter than anyone..just letting new members know that I truly bleed Husker Red to the bone).

I just have a hard time being as optimistic rather than realistic... I am not a pessimist, just think we have a schedule that isn't a cake walk... expecting 11 wins is setting yourself up for huge disappointment and for a board meltdown.

Well Nebraska does have 7 home games which means to get 9 they only have to eek out two road wins. (Assuming of course we can go undefeated at home.)

:wacko:

Wasn't Brock the one who complained that Peter and Wistrom were intentionally trying to hurt him (twisting ankles, etc.) during the 1997 game in Seattle? I remember something like that coming up with Huard saying that him being injured was the only reason NU was able to win. I guess the 55-7 drubbing the next year in Lincoln dispelled that theory.

I am shocked Eric spelled that many words correctly.

You gotta disrespect our players on our own message board?

you must not have seen too many of E martins tweets in the past. they arent pretty. also, what minn husker wrote was quite clearly sarcasm just didnt feel the need to "insert" it...

I've seen many of his tweets. He still wears Husker Red, last time I checked. And whether he's building our Academic All-American lead or just grinding out a C average, he's still a Husker. Let's treat him that way, eh?

Sorry, but after what you said about the Brock Huard post. Seems kind of hypocritical. Just saying.

Apology accepted. Now go read the context again and come back when you understand what I said. "Just saying."
;)

Wasn't Brock the one who complained that Peter and Wistrom were intentionally trying to hurt him (twisting ankles, etc.) during the 1997 game in Seattle? I remember something like that coming up with Huard saying that him being injured was the only reason NU was able to win. I guess the 55-7 drubbing the next year in Lincoln dispelled that theory.

That was Chad May. Well, maybe it was both of them, but I specifically remember Chad May accusing Christian Peter of trying to gouge his eyes.