UFO's. Do you believe in extraterrestrial life?

I'm curious to hear everyone's side. Maybe you have a story or have seen a video that you would like to share. I personally believe that our government doesn't want us to know about them. I think they have done a great job thus far in not letting word get out. I have my own story of the sighting I witnessed a couple years ago near the Missouri/Iowa border.

phoenixufo.jpg

I'm curious to hear everyone's side. Maybe you have a story or have seen a video that you would like to share. I personally believe that our government doesn't want us to know about them. I think they have done a great job thus far in not letting word get out. I have my own story of the sighting I witnessed a couple years ago near the Missouri/Iowa border.

phoenixufo.jpg

This thread might interest you.

I don't believe in ET or any of his relatives. I think it is a function of todays governments to keep the people occupied with junk news. It gives all the obsessive/compulsives something to obsess about so they won't be digging into government business. I have no doubt our government has weapons and flying devices that we (others...not me) occasionally see in the sky. It sells newspapers, fills tv time and gives anyone so inclined, endless hours on the internet.

I'll happily spend my spare time here on HuskerBoard! :-)

Spaceship and aliens, i am neutral on. But U.F.O (Unidentified Flying Object), yes i do believe in those.

I was in Okinawa back in 2007 at the beach on day, while laying down enjoying the summer weather, i saw a bright light to the south of me over water, now it was around noon and i originally thought it was the sun reflecting off the glass or metal of an aircraft, but it wasn't moving and the light was as bright as a star at night. It was clearly an object just sitting up there around 15 to 20,000. I thought, maybe a helicopter or Navy Harrier jet. It stayed in the same spot for 15 minutes and then darted off towards the horizon. Ruling out my theory of a helicopter or harrier. I don't know what it is, and i never heard of a report from anyone else. But that was my U.F.O experience.

I can't see how there isn't more life somewhere in the universe. It is so unimaginably large I think it is a bit self-righteous to think our one tiny planet is the only one in an insane number of planets to support life.

Now if I think they are spending their time and resources hovering above earth and messing around in corn fields? I'm not exactly sold on that.

• Fire 1

I can't see how there isn't more life somewhere in the universe. It is so unimaginably large I think it is a bit self-righteous to think our one tiny planet is the only one in an insane number of planets to support life.

This is the same thought process that I have. The universe is infinitely large and expanding all the time. The universe contains hundreds of billions of galaxies, each galaxy containing hundreds of billions of stars. Now, whether to say if these life forms have evolved higher intelligent life forms than what we see on Earth is hard to say, but not impossible.

With the elements that make up life as we know it being the most abundant elements in the universe, and with the universe being so incomprehensibly vast; I'd be surprised if this planet is the only one harboring life.

Is that life swooping down to earth and abducting hillbillies to probe their anuses? Probably not.

Advanced races want to visit us why???

unless it is to save us from ourselves. Pollution, global strife and hunger; Oh Dear, lets stop by this planet and get a good deal on some polluted water and 1/2 gallon of crude before it's gone :D

Yes, I know; isn't it quaint, all those different languages and parochial attitudes.

This is the same thought process that I have. The universe is infinitely large and expanding all the time. The universe contains hundreds of billions of galaxies, each galaxy containing hundreds of billions of stars. Now, whether to say if these life forms have evolved higher intelligent life forms than what we see on Earth is hard to say, but not impossible.

The Drake equation states that: 92df3d5260eaca523ca8bcfd474d3aaa.png

where:

N = the number of civilizations in our galaxy with which communication might be possible;

and

R* = the average rate of star formation per year in our galaxy

fp = the fraction of those stars that have planets

ne = the average number of planets that can potentially support life per star that has planets

f = the fraction of the above that actually go on to develop life at some point

fi = the fraction of the above that actually go on to develop intelligent life

fc = the fraction of civilizations that develop a technology that releases detectable signs of their existence into space

L = the length of time for which such civilizations release detectable signals into space[4]

I do. New research shows that there was life on mars, not advanced of course. But considering there are billions of galaxies which each have billions of stars and planets, there has to be. And oh by the way that's all that we know about. We don't even know how big the universe is, for all we know there are multiple universes, it's crazy to think about because we can't wrap or minds around it. I think there is more advanced life, and less advanced, that are all different shape, sizes, and colors. I believe in my lifetime the government will come out with the real truth. Especially as we advance we will be able to get out of our solar system (which actually just happened) but we can explore other galaxies and if there is life found the government wot be able to cover it up.