They are not getting what they want, therefore they are being punished. They want to play for Penn State with little or no noticeable sanctions in place, or what the rest of the country would consider a slap on the wrist. It's the entitlement in people that sucks the most. From where they sit I can see how much it sucks. I would not stop being a Husker fan if it came out that Osborne enabled something horrific like Sandusky - I'd just stop respecting Osborne and his accomplishments. But I would hope (and I'm probably being obtuse here) that I would recognize that the punishments my school is getting today have nothing to do with the current coaches, players or Administration - it has everything to do with sending a message to anyone else who would even think about harboring scum like Sandusky in the future. They're not punishing 2012 Penn State. They're warning Future College Football Programs.
Very well put !!

That is like saying that you punish a criminal's family when you send him to prison. I understand the point, but don't agree that you should not punish the criminal just because it adversely impacts his innocent mother.

while i thought that was funny, it might be a little to soon.

about their current recruits, 6 of the 12 are from inside PA, and i am sure that kids from PA grow up wanting to play for PSU, so the chance that any of them will want to decommit and go somewhere else is probably slim.

but there are 6 listed from out of state and i think the chance of them reopening their recruiting will be very good

They are not getting what they want, therefore they are being punished. They want to play for Penn State with little or no noticeable sanctions in place, or what the rest of the country would consider a slap on the wrist. It's the entitlement in people that sucks the most.

From where they sit I can see how much it sucks. I would not stop being a Husker fan if it came out that Osborne enabled something horrific like Sandusky - I'd just stop respecting Osborne and his accomplishments. But I would hope (and I'm probably being obtuse here) that I would recognize that the punishments my school is getting today have nothing to do with the current coaches, players or Administration - it has everything to do with sending a message to anyone else who would even think about harboring scum like Sandusky in the future.

They're not punishing 2012 Penn State. They're warning Future College Football Programs.

Very well put !!

I agree. They are sending a message.

Pelini says we're not actively recruiting Penn State players:

“That doesn’t mean if there a young man from Penn State who definitely wanted to transfer – is for sure going to leave – and Nebraska was someplace he was considering, that we wouldn’t take a look at him. There’s a lot that goes into decisions like that. You never say never, but that’s not something that’s really high on our radar.”

“That doesn’t mean if there a young man from Penn State who definitely wanted to transfer – is for sure going to leave – and Nebraska was someplace he was considering, that we wouldn’t take a look at him. There’s a lot that goes into decisions like that. You never say never, but that’s not something that’s really high on our radar.”

Good for Bo!

Translation - Penn State's starting QB is Matt McGloin.

Translation - Penn State's starting QB is Matt McGloin.

Alternative translation..........nobody from Happy Valley is interested in us...........

Alternative translation..........nobody from Happy Valley is interested in us...........

In all honesty I'd take the Wisky roster over PSU's in a heartbeat. There just isn't as much talent across the board in HV as people give them credit for.

In all honesty I'd take the Wisky roster over PSU's in a heartbeat. There just isn't as much talent across the board in HV as people give them credit for.

Agree.......I'd especially take anyone from Wisky's O-line......