Ryan Klachko

I am one that has always said on here...."if you don't want to be a team player, and give it all out on the field for the team, then I don't want them" and it looks like Bo and company are doing just that.

a player with a bad attitude and poor work ethic is a cancer on any team, it is better to lose 1 player than it is to coddle him and have that cancer infect 10 other players.

I hate to see a player with the promise of Ryan leave, but if his heart is not in it, then it is time for him to leave.

Hopefully Peat gets the back issues cleared up. I have been dealing with cronic lower back pain for years and have to have injections in my spinal column about every 6 months, so i have a feeling on what he is going through. he is a lot younger than i am so he should heal up quicker, but if he is dealing with it now, chances are he will be for the rest of his life.

• Fire 1

Daskers,

In your opinion, is it more BC or JG that the players have issues with? I was hoping JG was being grommed for BC's spot, but not a good sign if multiple players are having issues with his style of coaching. Not the end of the world since he is a young coach, just concerning.

Its with Cotton. Lots of guys unhappy with how they are on the depth chat. It might be that they feel they are better ( the player) than they are or it might have some actual merit in some cases, but many of the players and I say even Garrison at times don't think the best 5 guys are out there at times. There is a little division as some guys like Garrison better and feel he's more approachable than Cotton. I think some of it is trying to learn how to manage things when you have two guys coaching a spot but I personally think it goes back to Cottons ego. I stated last year he was not always as rosie about having help as he indicated in the press. He always liked to use that excuse for his short comings as a coach. That being said....a lot of the improvement that happened last year was because of things he did. But I often feel we go two steps forward and 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 steps back with that guy. He's the one hire I had issue with from day one as I thought there were lots of better laches out there. Barry is an average coach and an above average administrator. He'd be good as an RC managing files and meetings etc.
  • Fire 1

There are a few other Oline guys who arent the happiest either. Wouldn't surprise me to see another guy or two leave after this year if things don't change. Some of it is on the player and some is on BC and JC.

BC = Barney Cotton

JC = ?

sorry. J G. Garrison.

Thanks. I figured it was a typo but wanted to be sure.

I am one that has always said on here...."if you don't want to be a team player, and give it all out on the field for the team, then I don't want them" and it looks like Bo and company are doing just that.

a player with a bad attitude and poor work ethic is a cancer on any team, it is better to lose 1 player than it is to coddle him and have that cancer infect 10 other players.

I hate to see a player with the promise of Ryan leave, but if his heart is not in it, then it is time for him to leave.

Hopefully Peat gets the back issues cleared up. I have been dealing with cronic lower back pain for years and have to have injections in my spinal column about every 6 months, so i have a feeling on what he is going through. he is a lot younger than i am so he should heal up quicker, but if he is dealing with it now, chances are he will be for the rest of his life.

while i understand your position here, i am not convinced the cancer is in the players......i have seen and heard enough excuses from Cotton over the last few years as to why the O line under achieves, i think this may be a new one.......and maybe Barney's last one, blaming the kids may be the last stress-card Cotton will play.....right or wrong, he has had his chance to coach up some talent, time for him to move on...it's just time.

while i understand your position here, i am not convinced the cancer is in the players......i have seen and heard enough excuses from Cotton over the last few years as to why the O line under achieves, i think this may be a new one.......and maybe Barney's last one, blaming the kids may be the last stress-card Cotton will play.....right or wrong, he has had his chance to coach up some talent, time for him to move on...it's just time. the season hasn't even begun and we are getting negative vibes from Cotton, i for one am tired of this crap!!!!!!

Bo butts heads with a lot of people, so its only obvious he will with some players. May not be a bad thing, since it weeds out the "only worried about myself" people. At the same time, we can lose some talent like Green and the Mad Russian. I hope this gets resolved and we dont lose any other 4-5 star players.

Green, Klachko and Peat were all 4 star players in 2011. When a third of your best "percieved" players leave form the 2011 class, it cant be good for the future.

This is exaclty why **** are not the end all to be all...... many 4* and 5* guys don't pan out because of attitude or aren't used to beign number 2 on chart.... this is why a lot of guys would take a 3* with a chip on his shoulder rather than a prima dona..... If guys can't live up to the "perceived" reputation, then nothing lost. I think it is good for the future if Bo and company cut ties with guys who don't fit the work ethic it takes to be a champion....regardless of what some recruiting guru says by watching you compete against other HS players.

• Fire 3

Bo butts heads with a lot of people, so its only obvious he will with some players. May not be a bad thing, since it weeds out the "only worried about myself" people. At the same time, we can lose some talent like Green and the Mad Russian. I hope this gets resolved and we dont lose any other 4-5 star players.

Green, Klachko and Peat were all 4 star players in 2011. When a third of your best "percieved" players leave form the 2011 class, it cant be good for the future.

This is exaclty why **** are not the end all to be all...... many 4* and 5* guys don't pan out because of attitude or aren't used to beign number 2 on chart.... this is why a lot of guys would take a 3* with a chip on his shoulder rather than a prima dona..... If guys can't live up to the "perceived" reputation, then nothing lost. I think it is good for the future if Bo and company cut ties with guys who don't fit the work ethic it takes to be a champion....regardless of what some recruiting guru says by watching you compete against other HS players.

True, but Bo & Co. have to be able to alter their approach to get the most out of these individual players. It's no different than being an employer or in a leadership position anywhere else - each employee or team member is an individual, and each has knobs and dials you twist, turn and adjust differently to get the most out of the person. If you treat everyone identical and say that if this adjustment doesn't impact you in the same way as it impacts everyone else then here's the door...you aren't going to have much of a team left. it's scary but we are starting to see that 2011 class all being showed the door...a small class to start with, followed by an even smaller class the next year. we're going to start seeing the effects of that in a couple of years. while it's easy to say no big deal today...the impact will be felt tomorrow. this was suposed to be the start of the "pipeline" right now the pipeline drains into transers...someone needs to plug it.

True, but Bo & Co. have to be able to alter their approach to get the most out of these individual players. It's no different than being an employer or in a leadership position anywhere else - each employee or team member is an individual, and each has knobs and dials you twist, turn and adjust differently to get the most out of the person. If you treat everyone identical and say that if this adjustment doesn't impact you in the same way as it impacts everyone else then here's the door...you aren't going to have much of a team left. it's scary but we are starting to see that 2011 class all being showed the door...a small class to start with, followed by an even smaller class the next year. we're going to start seeing the effects of that in a couple of years. while it's easy to say no big deal today...the impact will be felt tomorrow. this was suposed to be the start of the "pipeline" right now the pipeline drains into transers...someone needs to plug it.

It would be interesting to know how many guys left under the TO years from classes. I know of my time in Lincoln it always seemed like it was about 5 or 6 guys. Sure he had ten more schollies but I always remember 2 and 3 string guys transferring to places like Northern Iowa.

• Fire 1

It would be interesting to know how many guys left under the TO years from classes. I know of my time in Lincoln it always seemed like it was about 5 or 6 guys. Sure he had ten more schollies but I always remember 2 and 3 string guys transferring to places like Northern Iowa.

Yeah, there's always a few that leave - that's part of it. But we've lost some really high profile guys of late. Guys we were counting on to be the future of the program. And unfortunately with the smaller class last year, if we lose a couple more we are operating at a scholarship level equal to USC with their sanctions. That's a problem. One we are going to start seeing. We can't operate at 78-82 schollies, that's just too big of a disadvantage for a program like Nebraska.

Just out of curiosity - i put together a list of our recruits, and who has gone (or never made it). It's actually improved dramatically in the last few years. More will eventually leave - but nothing like that 2008/2009 class.

2008 - stars

Khiry Cooper - 3

David Grant - 3

Tyson Hetzer - 3

John Levorson - 3

Collins Okafor - 3

Justin Rogers - 3

Kody Spano - 3

Quentin Toailoa - 3

Mason Wald - 2

Lester Ward - 2

David Whitmore - 4

Josh Williams - 3

Jesse Coffey - 3

Cody Green - 4

J.T. Kerr - 3

Lazarri Middleton - 3

D. Robinson - 3

Dijon Washington - 4

Chris Williams - 4

Chase Harper - 4

Aaron Green - 4

Ryan Klachko - 4

Bubba Starling - 4

Out of all of those, I only see 6 that are significant. As in their absence impacts us. Chase Harper would be nice to have next year. D. Rob would be nice to have right now, as well as next year. Klachko thins and already thing line. Green provided at least a little competition at QB. Williams could shore up a thin LB group. Otherwise not a problem.

I have us at 78 current scholarship players (with Peat). That's a problem.

Just out of curiosity - i put together a list of our recruits, and who has gone (or never made it). It's actually improved dramatically in the last few years. More will eventually leave - but nothing like that 2008/2009 class.

2008 - stars

Khiry Cooper - 3

David Grant - 3

Tyson Hetzer - 3

John Levorson - 3

Collins Okafor - 3

Justin Rogers - 3

Kody Spano - 3

Quentin Toailoa - 3

Mason Wald - 2

Lester Ward - 2

David Whitmore - 4

Josh Williams - 3

Jesse Coffey - 3

Cody Green - 4

J.T. Kerr - 3

Lazarri Middleton - 3

D. Robinson - 3

Dijon Washington - 4

Chris Williams - 4

Chase Harper - 4

Aaron Green - 4

Ryan Klachko - 4

Bubba Starling - 4

Out of all of those, I only see 6 that are significant. As in their absence impacts us. Chase Harper would be nice to have next year. D. Rob would be nice to have right now, as well as next year. Klachko thins and already thing line. Green provided at least a little competition at QB. Williams could shore up a thin LB group. Otherwise not a problem.

I bet we see someone from the group of 7 walkons that ends up on Schollie. Most likely one of the WR or the RBs.

2008 - stars

Khiry Cooper - 3

David Grant - 3

Tyson Hetzer - 3

John Levorson - 3

Collins Okafor - 3

Justin Rogers - 3

Kody Spano - 3

Quentin Toailoa - 3

Mason Wald - 2

Lester Ward - 2

David Whitmore - 4

Josh Williams - 3

Jesse Coffey - 3

Cody Green - 4

J.T. Kerr - 3

Lazarri Middleton - 3

D. Robinson - 3

Dijon Washington - 4

Chris Williams - 4

Chase Harper - 4

Aaron Green - 4

Ryan Klachko - 4

Bubba Starling - 4

Thank you for the work and the info......my question would be..."how much did it hurt that they left"....meaning...have they done anything "special" at another university?? I don't recall many of these guys making it big somewhere else. Yes, some are still sitting out the required year or just getting a chance, but most end up at a smaller college or not playing. I don't think we have lost any all-americans from transfer reasons.

2008 - stars

Khiry Cooper - 3

David Grant - 3

Tyson Hetzer - 3

John Levorson - 3

Collins Okafor - 3

Justin Rogers - 3

Kody Spano - 3

Quentin Toailoa - 3

Mason Wald - 2

Lester Ward - 2

David Whitmore - 4

Josh Williams - 3

Jesse Coffey - 3

Cody Green - 4

J.T. Kerr - 3

Lazarri Middleton - 3

D. Robinson - 3

Dijon Washington - 4

Chris Williams - 4

Chase Harper - 4

Aaron Green - 4

Ryan Klachko - 4

Bubba Starling - 4

I bet we see someone from the group of 7 walkons that ends up on Schollie. Most likely one of the WR or the RBs.

Hearing great things about Janovich and really rooting for Jordan Nelson to get a scholarship.

So you are championing the "Urban Meyer Florida Gator" model?