Potential transfer (to here) ------ Jonathon Rose - Husker

I think this reflects how much we're struggling to get CBs in this class. Depth could a potential problem if we don't start getting some commits at that position. This is one possible quick fix.
We still have Minter would be a sure commit. And if he is anything like his dad i'll take him.

Glad that you brought Minter up. I was doing some missions work in Lincoln this past weekend at the Salvation Army. Some of the guys (all high school age) were playing basketball. I just wanted to relate to them so that they would trust me a bit more, so I chit-chatted with a few of them. A few of the kids went to Northstar with Minter. They said that he has a horrible attitude and has actually caused a few other players to transfer to other schools. One of the kids even said that Bo came to talk to Minter and things didn't go so well. He said that Minter ended throwing a few swear words Bo's direction. He said that Minter says that he will end up at North Carolina. Again, this is just from another kid that goes to high school with him. Take it for what its worth.

if minter is this bad then to hell with him, we dont need a player like that in the husker program. and i firmly believe that bo wouldnt offer a kid that acted like this. sometimes it only takes one or two to become a cancer to the team and bring the team down. sounds to me that minter is one of those kind of kids

Who cares where he ends up, most kids around here arnt good anyways with exception to baker, josh, ruuds ect

Here's the scoop on Jonathan Rose:

- 6'2" 185lbs 4.49 40-yard

- December HS graduate, came to Auburn in Spring of 2011. Has a year and a half experience at Auburn including several games playing experience as a true freshman last fall.

- He will sit out this year and then have 3 years to play for us.

- Humble kid, good family, not big on the spotlight. He transferred because he was offended by some people in the environment at Auburn (sketchy people, teammates that were bad influences, etc.)

- He was an Army All American and played in the Army All American game in San Antonio.

- 5.8 4 Star DB coming out of HS.

- Auburn considered his transfer a BIG loss; as he was projected to be in the two deep this fall.

- Had Offers from Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee, Florida State, Mississippi State, Auburn out of high school.

• Fire 1

And so everyone's clear, he sits this year and plays next year.

No matter what happens this year, 2013 looks like it's set up to be a special year. Lots of experience across the O Line, D Line, Martinez' senior year, Cross and Abdullah at RB, Green and Seisay (among others) at CB along with Rose, up-and-comers at LB...

I hate to look ahead, but with the schedule we have and the guys coming back, if we don't make a big splash next year I'll eat my hat.

I agree, but the loss of Rex and a couple guys on the D-Line, as well as our starting safeties (most likely) leave me a little doubtful. Hopefully we see some young guys step up in those positions this year.

No matter what happens this year, 2013 looks like it's set up to be a special year. Lots of experience across the O Line, D Line, Martinez' senior year, Cross and Abdullah at RB, Green and Seisay (among others) at CB along with Rose, up-and-comers at LB...

I hate to look ahead, but with the schedule we have and the guys coming back, if we don't make a big splash next year I'll eat my hat.

Whoa my koolaid thread must be rubbing off

I agree, but the loss of Rex and a couple guys on the D-Line, as well as our starting safeties (most likely) leave me a little doubtful. Hopefully we see some young guys step up in those positions this year.

Plus, you have the uncertainties of some leaving early if as good as advertised (Seisay?)...........

I'm not writing off this year as having a great shot .................

Whoa my koolaid thread must be rubbing off

Nah, making my own assessment of what I see. Next year = good, this year, still lots of question marks.

think how great next year will look if some of these 10-2 predictions come true.

Yeah, true. But I'm not holding my breath on those 10-2 predictions. We can go 10-2 I think. I just have zero reason to expect it. Lots of maturing to do, both on the team and amongst the coaching staff.

Great news. I always like it when there's a connection between Nebraska football and where I live now. Hopefully this will work out well for us.

The last time I remember a transfer involving the Huskers and Auburn, it was Chris Butler leaving to go to Auburn to be closer to his family back in 2000 (he had a younger brother with some serious health issues).