2012 schedule W/L

I don't see Southern Miss posing much of a threat with a new head coach, new offensive coordinator, and replacing a 4 year starter at QB. There's a lot that went into the offensive success they had last year. None of it is still there.

What am I missing? Did Nebraska rehire Bill Callahan in the offseason?

You got me man. Some people like to live in the past on this board and forget to look at the fact that teams lose players and coaches too. Somehow S Miss is going to beat us even thou they have to replace their head coach and a 4 year starting QB. If we were in that situation alot of poeple on this board would be calling for a 4 or 5 win season, yet they were decent last year so that must means they can beat us. They lost their QB their top RB and 2 of their top 3 recievers, and they are only returning 5 starters on defense. If they can still compete with us, its going to be a terrible year.

This isnt the NFL, and were not playing Alabama LSU or USC where they have loads of talent waiting in the wings. Look what happend to Texas when they lost McCoy, or Auburn when they lost Newton, they lose 4 or 5 games a year, just.... like......us. Its hard to replace a QB thats talented AND most importantly is a great decision maker...ie Wilson, Cousins.

Southern Miss - Win

UCLA - Win

Arkansas State - Win

Idaho State - Win

Wisconsin - Loss, their Oline reloads every year and Ball.

Ohio State - Win

Northwestern - Win

Michigan - Win, revenge at home

Michigan State- Loss, D will stuff us

Penn State- Loss, They will be playing pissed off. This is our "we should have won" game that we lose every year (see NW last year).

Minnesota - Win

Iowa - Win

Division, 3 way tie with Mich and Mich lite. We win based on BCS ranking.

CCG - Beat Wisky - revenge is sweet

Bowl - USC in Rose - Loss

10-4, Pelini keeps his 4 loss season streak going, but the fans back off after winning the B1G.

Going through the schedule only shows you the two games we all know we have a very small chance in. Everyone should account for the inevitable upset loss or two, and add at least one loss to their prediction. 9-3, at the absolute best.

No, not all of us think that way. Go ahead and say what you want, we should be in every game this year.

Going through the schedule only shows you the two games we all know we have a very small chance in. Everyone should account for the inevitable upset loss or two, and add at least one loss to their prediction. 9-3, at the absolute best.

No, not all of us think that way. Go ahead and say what you want, we should be in every game this year.

I honestly agree with this. I am trying to be unbiased as possible, but Nebraska could have a dangerous team if certain elements fall into place on both offense and defense.

Win Southern Miss

Win @ UCLA

Win Arkansas State

Win Idaho State

Win Wisonsin

Win @ Ohio State

Win @ Northwestern

Win Michigan

Win @ Michigan State

Win Penn State :flush

Win Minnesota

Win @ Iowa

12-0: our worst 11-1.

Don't wet your pants yet ladies, we have not started the season yet. :angry:

:espnsucks: :espnsucks: :espnsucks: :espnsucks: :espnsucks: :espnsucks: :espnsucks: :espnsucks: :espnsucks: :espnsucks: :espnsucks: :espnsucks: :espnsucks: :espnsucks:

What two games do we have only a "very small chance" in?

I wouldn't say that we should be in every game this year. Maybe we have the potential to win every game, but I doubt the team is disciplined enough to play up to it's potential on a regular basis. Unless Bo has finally gotten things in check, there will be significant number of turnovers and penalties. This team has amazing potential on offense (especially if Martinez has really shored up his passing game and is at full speed again), but looks very, very questionable on defense.

Ohio State and Michigan. It took a damn miracle to beat Ohio State at home, and I believe Michigan is bringing back most of that team that beat us pretty soundly last year.

I wouldn't say that we should be in every game this year. Maybe we have the potential to win every game, but I doubt the team is disciplined enough to play up to it's potential on a regular basis. Unless Bo has finally gotten things in check, there will be significant number of turnovers and penalties. This team has amazing potential on offense (especially if Martinez has really shored up his passing game and is at full speed again), but looks very, very questionable on defense.

Ohio State and Michigan. It took a damn miracle to beat Ohio State at home, and I believe Michigan is bringing back most of that team that beat us pretty soundly last year.

While Michigan is dangerous and I think they'll win the B1G, they didn't beat us.......we made a ton of mistakes and helped them beat us. I agree obviously that we'll lose to Ohio State and Michigan. I hope I'm wrong!

My guess:

Sept 1st: Southern Miss at NU (Win)

Sept 8th: NU at UCLA (Win)

Sept 15th: Arkansas State at NU (Win)

Sept 22nd: Idaho State at NU (Win)

Sept 29th: Wisky at NU (Win)

Oct 6th: NU at Ohio State (Win) They will be overconfident. It will be THEIR 'Northwestern' game :)

Oct 20th: NU at Northwestern (Win)

Oct 27th: Michigan at NU (Win) They're playing in OUR house!

Nov 3rd: NU at Michigan State (Win)

Nov 10th: Penn State at NU (Win)

Nov 17th: Minn at NU (Win)

Nov 23rd: NU at Iowa (Win)

I think we're going to win it all. We will be this year's surprise team! We will quietly win each week, focusing on each game as if it is THE most important game of the year. Then will win the B1G then onward to play ? in the BSC Championship game! Won't it be fun on this board when it happens!

What am I missing? Did Nebraska rehire Bill Callahan in the offseason?

You watch your f'ing mouth....... :rickjames

That being said, I am less concerned about Michigan than I am going on the road to East Lansing, for whatever reason. I think we lose to OSU for sure, the rest are all very winnable.

I too don't get why so many put Michigan as some mid-70s Steel Curtain.

Even last year with lady luck fully camped on their back MSU beat them. So did Iowa. Also, they play at our house this year. "Small chance this year"?? I don't think so. At all.

Stating it was a "miracle" we beat the Buckeyes last year is pure BS as our offense simply steam-rolled them the whole 2nd half and could have easily scored again if we were inclined. Sobbing & moaning about their qb's injury had zero to do with Tmart & SRex tearing them apart. We might run over their elite defense this year too.

I'm with Hunter on this one as I think MSU & OSU on the road will both be much tougher than Michigan at Lincoln.