(2013) C/PF Akoy Agau [Georgetown Commit]

Before I say this, don't take me as a fan that loves a kid then when he goes somewhere else I say..."Naaaa...we didn't want him anyway". We wanted him. He would have been a very good player for Nebraska.

And, yes, we need size.

This profile claims he is 6'9" and 240 lbs.

On the roster for next year is

Jacob Hammond = 6'10" 230

Walter Pitchford = 6'10" 237

AS for shooters, we have

Fuller (haven't seen really what he can do yet)

White (supposed to be good but, again, not sure what we have)

We need both a big guy and a shooter. The shooter wanted to be here. The big guy didn't. Take the one who wanted to be here.

i don't trust the overseas recruiting. I'm pretty sure the last decent one was Maric followed by about 6 busts. Diaz, almeda, Webster, stanhardinger, vucetic. Can we be done recruiting internationally for basketball.

I dont know if i would call Diaz a complete bust. He was a decent player when healthy.

Vucetic was ahuge bust.

Almeida was a decent bench guy.. added size..

Webster so far is a bust but the hype was unfair for him.

Standhardinger had his moments but made too many mistakes to get meaningful time.

If you do look at the scouting, the only guys Miles and Co have scouted and brought here were Vucetic and Webster. Vucetic was brought in when the cupboard was so bare, that we were taking risks.

Webster has been a shock to many.

I am torn………Nebraska is my school, everything I athletics revolves around the HUSKERS…… with that said, I have NO other football team, NO other baseball team, NO other wrestling team, NO other volleyball team, etc….

But, I have been a Georgetown fan since Big John and Patrick Ewing days (through thick and thin)……. so if it wasn't going to be Nebraska, I am glad it's the Hoyas.

Before I say this, don't take me as a fan that loves a kid then when he goes somewhere else I say..."Naaaa...we didn't want him anyway". We wanted him. He would have been a very good player for Nebraska.

And, yes, we need size.

AS for shooters, we have

We need both a big guy and a shooter. The shooter wanted to be here. The big guy didn't. Take the one who wanted to be here.

Absolutely This ^^

Plus the shooter has more years to compete.

(just hope his compatriot shooting coach wasn't Tai).....

And, yes, we need size.

AS for shooters, we have

Absolutely This ^^

Plus the shooter has more years to compete.

(just hope his compatriot shooting coach wasn't Tai).....

Another thing not mentioned is the addition of Morrow who is a rebounding machine at Simeon and also Jacobsen.

Hammond is getting more time out there, and i think while he is very raw, i like some of the flashes he shows at times. He had a beautiful block against Iowa where he shuffled his feet, got in position, went straight up and blocked the basketball.

Seems simplistic but it showed he is understanding what is being taught to him.

Pretty sure we could really use a big guy more than we could use a really good shooter.

I wouldn't say "more than". Maybe "as much". But not "more than".

The part where we have one true post player currently on our roster that isn't graduating this year would disagree with you.

This guys - who may or may not know anything - says we weren't that interested. Retweeted by Sean Callahan.

@Sean_Callahan coached Akoy at All Saints. Said Nebraska never officially offered and used last one on the Australian. Said GT was best

Obviously they feel like Akoy doesnt fit what they want.. either mentally or physically.

I have no problem trusting Miles... This kid is under the radar unlike Webster.. so maybe he will be great(ignore Vucetic also being under the radar)

Pretty sure we could really use a big guy more than we could use a really good shooter.

I wouldn't say "more than". Maybe "as much". But not "more than".

The part where we have one true post player currently on our roster that isn't graduating this year would disagree with you.

Along with having no proven shooters.

So basically we don't have anyone on the team. Great.

:facepalm:

We have two scorers that are good at slashing to the basket. We have what I believe is a very good point guard in Smith and one coming in from Chicago. What we are missing is good outside shooter and (as I said before) a big in the middle.

So, of those two, we take the one who wants to be here. We need both. As someone said, we potentially have another big coming in as a Freshman next year in either Morrow and Jacobson.

So, yes, we have players on the team. We have some very good players on the team. There are more positions than big guys in the middle and outside shooters.