Nebraska to launch Rex Burkhead Heisman website

GSG

Rex isn't even going to be a finalist. Even if his stats inch him into the top 5, he lacks the flash that all Heisman finalists need.

Ah, flash.... Playing for a program under NCAA sanctions, or getting mugged by a handful of guys for "unknown" reasons.... The only thing that Burkhead is lacking is that Heisman moment. The respectability, quality citizenship, and most importantly the game is all very Heisman like. Rex is what college athletics should be all about.

• Fire 7

Rex isn't even going to be a finalist. Even if his stats inch him into the top 5, he lacks the flash that all Heisman finalists need.

Ah, flash.... Playing for a program under NCAA sanctions, or getting mugged by a handful of guys for "unknown" reasons.... The only thing that Burkhead is lacking is that Heisman moment. The respectability, quality citizenship, and most importantly the game is all very Heisman like. Rex is what college athletics should be all about.

So Barkley isn't a quality citizen because Reggie Bush cheated?

Ball isn't respectable because he was mugged?

Come on. Make this about why Burkhead will be 2012's most outstanding collegiate football player. Taking cheap shots at kids who are more likely to win just isn't classy. Burkhead would never do that.

• Fire 2

Come on. Make this about why Burkhead will be 2012's most outstanding collegiate football player. Taking cheap shots at kids who are more likely to win just isn't classy. Burkhead would never do that.

It wasn't a shot at Barkley, or Ball; rather a shot at how the media decides to cover athletes these days. Barkley, and Ball seem to be fine citizens, but part of their familiarity in the public eye is because of the situations that they are involved in, even if they weren't directly involved like in Barkley's case. Ball is slightly different, because while he in no way deserved what happen to him, it does seem that it MIGHT have been provoked in some way.

Barkley, and Ball are very legitimate Heisman contenders, however my point was, that Burkhead hasn't been involved in a national story, or scandal (unsolicited or not). Personally, I feel he is every bit of the RB that Ball is, and every bit the Heisman contender that Barkley is....

Looking back at my original post, it did read like I was taking a shot at the gentlemen, but that wasn't my intentions.

Suh wasn't on any of these lists either...and he had a much harder road ahead of him to New York. Nebraska marketing wasn't behind Suh either. It's good to see we're making a push. It helps the university, helps recruiting, and rewards a class act by further acknowledging his accomplishments.

Nebraska marketing was behind Suh, that's where suh93.com came from - it just wasn't at the beginning of the season.

Toby Gerhart says 'sup?'

It wasn't a shot at Barkley, or Ball; rather a shot at how the media decides to cover athletes these days. Barkley, and Ball seem to be fine citizens, but part of their familiarity in the public eye is because of the situations that they are involved in, even if they weren't directly involved like in Barkley's case. Ball is slightly different, because while he in no way deserved what happen to him, it does seem that it MIGHT have been provoked in some way.

Barkley, and Ball are very legitimate Heisman contenders, however my point was, that Burkhead hasn't been involved in a national story, or scandal (unsolicited or not). Personally, I feel he is every bit of the RB that Ball is, and every bit the Heisman contender that Barkley is....

Looking back at my original post, it did read like I was taking a shot at the gentlemen, but that wasn't my intentions.

Realy? Burkhead is every bit the heisman contender that Barkley is? Really? You have got to be kiidding me..You're saying Burkhead is on the same level as Barkley? I understand drinking the kool aid but youve just dranked a whole 10 gallons of it and that is not good for you.. Barkley is one of the top players in college football. Burkhead is an amazing rb but he isnt even close to barkley's caliber. Burkhead had only THREE games in which he had run that went for over a 20 yards and Monte Ball only had three games in which he didnt bust a run that wasnt longer than 20 yards. Burkhead is a good running back and will keep the chains moving but he doesnt have the flash or big play ability that all the other heisman candidates have.