Michigan State a little overrated?

everyone is overrated until the first game of the year. (no one knows what that means, but it's provocative. it gets the people going).

That's only partly true if you're playing someone of consequence. I won't take much more away from our game than I will the Alabama vs. Michigan game. I think Alabama wins because their athleticism and depth outclasses Michigan, but it's still only week one.

everyone is overrated until the first game of the year. (no one knows what that means, but it's provocative. it gets the people going).

That's only partly true if you're playing someone of consequence. I won't take much more away from our game than I will the Alabama vs. Michigan game. I think Alabama wins because their athleticism and depth outclasses Michigan, but it's still only week one.

yeah, i was thinking until your first conference game, but even then. realistically, you should have a pretty good idea of a teams ability and potential by mid-october.

Given the year they had last year and their win over Georgia in a big bowl game, this is the type of thing that happens in the offseason. People actually view them positively.... Imagine that.

I think that is it...they created a 'new' image in East Lansing with Dantonio. People and the media look at them differently now; they are not the football program they used to be under the last couple of coaches (it was a train wreck). With that said and the seasons they have had the last two years, they are getting recognized more and more nationally. I can't wait to see how they respond to our thrashing of them last year.....

Given the year they had last year and their win over Georgia in a big bowl game, this is the type of thing that happens in the offseason. People actually view them positively.... Imagine that.

I think that is it...they created a 'new' image in East Lansing with Dantonio. People and the media look at them differently now; they are not the football program they used to be under the last couple of coaches (it was a train wreck). With that said and the seasons they have had the last two years, they are getting recognized more and more nationally. I can't wait to see how they respond to our thrashing of them last year.....

They show up and kick our butts? I don't want any of that.

I think we will find out a lot about Michigan State next Friday when they play Boise State. For the sake of the conference, they need to win that game!

I can't wait to see too HuskerShark! The Sparty 'D' should be reasonable, but what has me concerned is not Maxwell running the offense but who will step up as our recv's corps. In Max, I think you'll see a composed QB with better mobility and a better arm than Cousins, but lacking gametime experience (and this might be clearly shown early in the season). Cousins gave us a consumate 'field general' attitude but we're gonna have to wait and see if Max develops in this area (and quickly)...

Where I really have concerns is our WR's and TE's and wait to see if Dantonio can pull another 'reshuffle mix' out of the hat like he did last year with the O-line injuries early in the season.

MSU could go anywhere from 6-6 to 10-2 but an 8-4 season record seems likely at the moment.

*** Whatever team that wins the CCG MUST come home with the Roses this year !!!

Green and White...I think your squad will be just fine. You'll rely heavily on the defense and squeak out just enough rushing and passing yards to win some important games. I predict your team losing no more than 3 games in the season (unless your offense makes tons of mistakes)....I can't see you guys doing any worse with the type of defense your fielding. UM, MSU, and NEB will all be solid contenders for the Legends Division....if I had to rank the teams with the highest potential to win the Legends...it would be UM being #1, followed by NEB and then MSU.

I think three-to-four losses for MSU is reasonable, no more than four and no fewer than three. We're talking about a quarterback and group of wide receivers who have essentially no real game experience. That's huge in terms of consistency, chemistry, and overall efficiency. They're going to have a lot of struggles this year, but they should hopefully be covered up by good defense and a good running game.

• Fire 1
I think three-to-four losses for MSU is reasonable, no more than four and no fewer than three. We're talking about a quarterback and group of wide receivers who have essentially no real game experience. That's huge in terms of consistency, chemistry, and overall efficiency. They're going to have a lot of struggles this year, but they should hopefully be covered up by good defense and a good running game.

Well said

I'm somewhat skeptical about them as well. Maybe I have a little skewed view because we handled them so easily last year but they also got handled by Notre Dame and were trailing Minnesota in the 4th quarter - MINNESOTA!!!

They did seem to play better in their big games (except us) but also lost a lot on offense. They could pull a 2009 Huskers and have their D keep them in enough to pull a few out but I don't seem them as having a lot of margin for error.