Some practice nuggets

knapplc

I honestly think the Tyler Moore situation may actually keep Cotton around longer. Moores dad has come out and said that they are going to wait and see what happens in Lincoln, staff wise. And i think Bo would be stubborn and keep him around longer so it doesnt look like hes firing him for a one player. I think they should pull Moores scholarship and say best of luck to you. We dont need a guy that gives up on his teammates because he doesnt like his coach, dont care how talented he is, us working stiffs know your not always going to get along with everyone you work with, gotta suck it up young man. Pull his scholly that way if Bo wants to let Barney go there is no way Tyer can come back, and you solve both problems. I think we are at 86 schollys anyway if Rose clears NCAA.

really hard to say! since no one on board really knows what happened.

I thought everyone cleared from last years class?

I honestly think the Tyler Moore situation may actually keep Cotton around longer. Moores dad has come out and said that they are going to wait and see what happens in Lincoln, staff wise. And i think Bo would be stubborn and keep him around longer so it doesnt look like hes firing him for a one player. I think they should pull Moores scholarship and say best of luck to you. We dont need a guy that gives up on his teammates because he doesnt like his coach, dont care how talented he is, us working stiffs know your not always going to get along with everyone you work with, gotta suck it up young man. Pull his scholly that way if Bo wants to let Barney go there is no way Tyer can come back, and you solve both problems. I think we are at 86 schollys anyway if Rose clears NCAA.

Rose is the CB Transfer from Auburn.

I only read about 3/4 of the posts here so if somone already said this sorry. But, I am wondering how in the hell Mitchel is going to stop Ball when he gets in the open. I guess we better just stop him before he gets to the second level:)

im afraid our D line wont be able to stop the run against a good O line like wisconsins.

I only read about 3/4 of the posts here so if somone already said this sorry. But, I am wondering how in the hell Mitchel is going to stop Ball when he gets in the open. I guess we better just stop him before he gets to the second level:)

im afraid our D line wont be able to stop the run against a good O line like wisconsins.

Which will mean Mitchell, or some other DB, will need to man up and make the tackle. I don't worry as much about Mitchell making a tackle on 210lb Mon-TAY Ball as I do about him facing someone like Levon' Bell of Michigan Lite, a tough runner weighing in at 238lbs.

Rose is the CB Transfer from Auburn.

thanks I was thinking of the LB we got out of Miz.

This is why I was surprised to hear that Alonzo Moore is starting his career at WR. As you point out, our WR corps is loaded & young. Moore, who could as well play safety, is being added to the WR crew when we are precariously low on safeties --- both in quantity and quality. Odd. I'd have thought certain that Moore would be a safety.

True, but if the guy is better as a WR than as a S, you want to get him in his best/most natural position, I believe.

Not if he's never going to see the field.

Who's to say he's never going to see the field? He could turn out to be the best of the bunch.

I always thought Moore should be in a WR/slot position since being recruited. Just remember watching his recruiting tape and the kid is meant to have the ball in his hands. He can just make plays.

This is why I was surprised to hear that Alonzo Moore is starting his career at WR. As you point out, our WR corps is loaded & young. Moore, who could as well play safety, is being added to the WR crew when we are precariously low on safeties --- both in quantity and quality. Odd. I'd have thought certain that Moore would be a safety.

True, but if the guy is better as a WR than as a S, you want to get him in his best/most natural position, I believe.

Not if he's never going to see the field.

Who's to say he's never going to see the field? He could turn out to be the best of the bunch.

I always thought Moore should be in a WR/slot position since being recruited. Just remember watching his recruiting tape and the kid is meant to have the ball in his hands. He can just make plays.

Hehe! Ball in his hands!

<snip>

Maybe the best part of this "problem" is that they're all young. Marlowe is the only senior. We have Q this year and next and we have everyone else two more years past this year.

Marlowe, Tim - Sr.

Enunwa, Quincy - Jr.

Bell, Kenny - So.

Turner, Jamal - So.

Allen, Taariq - RFr.

Westerkamp, Jordan - Fr.

I feel like a kid in a candy store with this group. Throw in an unknowns like Wullenwaber (Mr. Speed) and Alonzo Moore and this appears like a position group poised for great success.

Was just talking about this with a friend. Not really sure how we're suddenly loaded at WR, especially without throwing the ball a lot in the last couple years. Not complaining, just not the usual for DONU. Looks like a great group.

Apparently Bo said tonight that Jake Cotton got a concussion and is out for fall camp, i dont think he was 100% anyway, but another oline down, atleast he wasnt a starter. Id like to know which dlineman rung his bell

I guess this happened a little while ago and thats why they moved pensick over for some reps at guard. Jackson might end up starting which is a good thing for our line. I guess he is mean and nasty, his nickname is junior after Ricky Henry, because Henry was exactly like that i guess.