Imani Cross?

I look forward to watching this kid grow into a contributor. Staying late after practice to run drills while everyone else is hitting the showers... who doesn't love that?

Sounds like a good kid. A lot of these big recruits have huge egos and don't want to put the work in and eventually fizzle out. (i.e. DeAndre Brown.)

ya we know that one all to well (Green)

Should be a good game, for our sake i would love to see some domination by our lines and put this one away early to get some time for our backups.

I disagree with your thoughts on Green. There was never any report (that I'm aware of at least) that said he had a poor attitude or didn't work hard. Was he frustrated about not playing? Absolutely. But I wouldn't want players that are okay with not playing. I think him leaving leaving had a lot to do with us being in the B1G 10. I remember reading during his recruitment that he was disappointed that the Huskers were leaving the Big 12. I think he picked the Huskers because his brother was there and he had interest in our program. But after joining the B1G, our offense kind of went a different direction. And Green didn't fit that style.

Aaron was a primma donna, and was telling players last fall that he wasn't sure he made the right decision when he was behind AA. The coaches (Ron Brown especially) wanted him to redshirt and bulk up, because he couldn't run between the tackles (Hello Marlon Lucky). Green wanted to be "the man" but he couldn't beat out Ameer.

Some fans accuse the coaches (and RB) of playing favorites with Ameer. Of course, many of those same people called RB a bigot who hates gays. The problem with that, is you have to admit that RB played a Muslim kid over a Christian (like RB) kid who wanted to be a pastor when he grew up...

Or, they're just stupid, and Ameer was better than AG.

I fail to see how your comparison supports your statement.

• Fire 1

Football players are treated like Gods around Nebraska, which goes without saying. If you've never been a student here, it's tough to truly gauge their attitudes and personas. Many walk around with a chip on their shoulder, hang out exclusively with other players and attractive jersey chasers, and take their opportunities for granted. There's a girl in my girlfriend's sorority who said Taylor Martinez sits behind her in a class, and one day said something along the lines of 'I hate these chairs - now my back is going to hurt and I'm not going to be able to practice...ugh.'

My girlfriend also took Spanish with a prominent player on the team last year, and she said he would routinely ask to see her paper during exams so he could copy.

I hear stories like this all the time, so I'm not terribly surprised when I see younger players struggling for playing time and we hear rumors about their grumblings. Many of them simply don't get it, or aren't very humble with their opportunities. Burkhead is the perfect example of someone who came in, worked hard, knew his place, and will now be one of the most memorable Huskers in history.

Aaron was probably like most freshman - came in thinking he was great, was humbled a bit by the competition, let being away from home and his comforts get to him, and he backed out. Some people just aren't cut out for this kind of thing, and it's unfortunate it takes them so long to figure it out.

• Fire 1

Interesting that in today's paper Green was commenting on how "bells and whistles, parties and girls were for freshmen and it's a business now"

That would seem to infer that was an attraction (distraction?) at DONU...

Who Knew ??

So now he basically admits he needed to grow-up and work harder? Where was this attitude before?

Here is something that just leaves me banging my head against the wall in all of this. The coaches wanted him to redshirt. He didn't want to and didn't put the time and effort in to win playing time in games. BUT, he was frustrated that he wasn't playing.

So...instead of buckling down and working his azz off to get playing time this year? He transfers and now will be REQUIRED to sit out.

18-20 year old kids will always be frustrating to figure out.

If someone is a bigot who hates anyone who is different from themselves (as has been said) then that bigotry would also extend to religion is well. But it's irrelevant, and I don't want this turning into one of those threads.

AG got outplayed by AA, and he quit.

Football players are treated like Gods around Nebraska, which goes without saying. If you've never been a student here, it's tough to truly gauge their attitudes and personas. Many walk around with a chip on their shoulder, hang out exclusively with other players and attractive jersey chasers, and take their opportunities for granted. There's a girl in my girlfriend's sorority who said Taylor Martinez sits behind her in a class, and one day said something along the lines of 'I hate these chairs - now my back is going to hurt and I'm not going to be able to practice...ugh.'

My girlfriend also took Spanish with a prominent player on the team last year, and she said he would routinely ask to see her paper during exams so he could copy.

I hear stories like this all the time, so I'm not terribly surprised when I see younger players struggling for playing time and we hear rumors about their grumblings. Many of them simply don't get it, or aren't very humble with their opportunities. Burkhead is the perfect example of someone who came in, worked hard, knew his place, and will now be one of the most memorable Huskers in history.

Aaron was probably like most freshman - came in thinking he was great, was humbled a bit by the competition, let being away from home and his comforts get to him, and he backed out. Some people just aren't cut out for this kind of thing, and it's unfortunate it takes them so long to figure it out.

so he said something about the crappy chairs and you equate that to prima-donna? I bet Burkhead complains about his ass hurting in those chairs too. now if martinez had stood up, and replaced his crap chair with the professor's soft and comfy one..then you'd have something...

so he said something about the crappy chairs and you equate that to prima-donna? I bet Burkhead complains about his ass hurting in those chairs too. now if martinez had stood up, and replaced his crap chair with the professor's soft and comfy one..then you'd have something...

I know a lot more about the players/program than I let loose on here, one because it doesn't do anybody a lot of good to talk about it, two because some people are skeptical (rightfully so), and three because I don't want to sound like a know-it-all. I'll just leave it at that.

But, think about it logically - people don't leave a university because they love it. There's always some kind of disappointment. Admittedly, I don't know a lot of the details about Green's departure, but I've heard enough (word-of-mouth) to believe it had to do with his overall attitude.

If someone is a bigot who hates anyone who is different from themselves (as has been said) then that bigotry would also extend to religion is well. But it's irrelevant, and I don't want this turning into one of those threads.

AG got outplayed by AA, and he quit.

I agree that AG was outplayed by AA. But to say that is why he quite? Do you really know that? Or are you making an assumption? I don't really know Aaron. If you do/did, maybe you do know this for sure.

People complain about the desk chairs all the time, but when a football player says it, it's a story? How was that even worth your girlfriend's friend passing it on to anyone? It says nothing whatsoever about his character.

I was in a class with Will Compton last spring, and one time he said his arm itched. He'll complain about anything and clearly doesn't deserve to be on scholarship.

People complain about the desk chairs all the time, but when a football player says it, it's a story? How was that even worth your girlfriend's friend passing it on to anyone? It says nothing whatsoever about his character.

Maybe T-Magic forgot to add this :sarcasm to his complaint.

Maybe T-Magic forgot to add this :sarcasm to his complaint.

The chairs in Burnett/Andrews are terrible and half of them are for left-handers. If he hadn't complained the girl would have said he's weird and anti-social.

I was in a class with Will Compton last spring, and one time he said his arm itched. He'll complain about anything and clearly doesn't deserve to be on scholarship.

It was a trivial and minor example. The point I was trying to make is that Nebraska players are treated like Gods, which everybody knows, and some of them are just downright terrible people with horrible personalities (not saying this is Aaron Green). It's not entirely their fault - it's part of the culture surrounding college football. All this had to do with anything is it makes sense to me when players get here and end up leaving - they're built up and put on pedestals, some of their attitudes reflect it at times, and when things don't go the way they expect they bail out.

But, if you'd rather be asinine, power to you.

• Fire 1