Imani Cross?

he will play in the first game and will run your pathetic little defense over...j/k... thats rex's job for the first quarter.

Ya hes 6 1 225 and looks like an NFL back, everyones been raving about him saying he can run inside, but has enough speed to beat you to the outside. Pelini said tonight he cant imagine him getting a redshirt.

You guys will DEFINITELY be surprised at how physical our D is. Especially up front. I'm surprised every time I see us play.

Conference USA, notorious for physical play

That would be why I said you all would be surprised. Ever heard of context?

he will play in the first game and will run your pathetic little defense over...j/k... thats rex's job for the first quarter.

Ya hes 6 1 225 and looks like an NFL back, everyones been raving about him saying he can run inside, but has enough speed to beat you to the outside. Pelini said tonight he cant imagine him getting a redshirt.

You guys will DEFINITELY be surprised at how physical our D is. Especially up front. I'm surprised every time I see us play.

I don't think there's any way your D could surprise us. See we have this offensive line coach....

People complain about the desk chairs all the time, but when a football player says it, it's a story? How was that even worth your girlfriend's friend passing it on to anyone? It says nothing whatsoever about his character.

I was in a class with Will Compton last spring, and one time he said his arm itched. He'll complain about anything and clearly doesn't deserve to be on scholarship.

It was a trivial and minor example. The point I was trying to make is that Nebraska players are treated like Gods, which everybody knows, and some of them are just downright terrible people with horrible personalities (not saying this is Aaron Green). It's not entirely their fault - it's part of the culture surrounding college football. All this had to do with anything is it makes sense to me when players get here and end up leaving - they're built up and put on pedestals, some of their attitudes reflect it at times, and when things don't go the way they expect they bail out.

But, if you'd rather be asinine, power to you.

I'm asinine because your example was ridiculous and completely failed to prove the point you were making?

The one about players cheating was fine. The one about tmart's butt hurting was not.

I don't think there's any way your D could surprise us. See we have this offensive line coach....

Not sure if serious.....!!!!! :P

Hey...he's got a trick up his sleeve this year...he's teaching the O-line to yell 'look out!' in different languages to confuse the defense as they run by...

Man, it's been a long off season. We're almost there guys. All this bickering..... What happened to this being about Cross. This guys a stud and so is Marrow. Unless the O line is really bad, It's going to be fun watching those two in short yardage. Can't wait for the season GBR

Man, it's been a long off season. We're almost there guys. All this bickering..... What happened to this being about Cross. This guys a stud and so is Marrow. Unless the O line is really bad, It's going to be fun watching those two in short yardage. Can't wait for the season GBR

I really hope we don't pigeonhole these guys as just short yardage backs! As I said above, what's wrong with pounding the big guys on early downs? Especially if they are bulldozing for 5 or 6 yards a pop! Tell me 2nd and 4 isn't what we want all year long on first down runs. Last year it seemed we were in in 2nd and 7 or 8 all the damn time after first down runs! Can someone look up what our average distance was on second down after a run on 1st while Bo was was wearing a gray shirt and Taylor handed off with his right hand between the 20s!!! Not too much of a request. Someone should know this off the top of their head! :P

I really hope we don't pigeonhole these guys as just short yardage backs! As I said above, what's wrong with pounding the big guys on early downs? Especially if they are bulldozing for 5 or 6 yards a pop! Tell me 2nd and 4 isn't what we want all year long on first down runs. Last year it seemed we were in in 2nd and 7 or 8 all the damn time after first down runs! Can someone look up what our average distance was on second down after a run on 1st while Bo was was wearing a gray shirt and Taylor handed off with his right hand between the 20s!!! Not too much of a request. Someone should know this off the top of their head! :P

Dont worry its mostly the fans saying this because they dont weigh 180 pounds.

People complain about the desk chairs all the time, but when a football player says it, it's a story? How was that even worth your girlfriend's friend passing it on to anyone? It says nothing whatsoever about his character.

I was in a class with Will Compton last spring, and one time he said his arm itched. He'll complain about anything and clearly doesn't deserve to be on scholarship.

It was a trivial and minor example. The point I was trying to make is that Nebraska players are treated like Gods, which everybody knows, and some of them are just downright terrible people with horrible personalities (not saying this is Aaron Green). It's not entirely their fault - it's part of the culture surrounding college football. All this had to do with anything is it makes sense to me when players get here and end up leaving - they're built up and put on pedestals, some of their attitudes reflect it at times, and when things don't go the way they expect they bail out.

But, if you'd rather be asinine, power to you.

I'm asinine because your example was ridiculous and completely failed to prove the point you were making?

The one about players cheating was fine. The one about tmart's butt hurting was not.

Have you ever overheard someone legitimately complain about something trivial, making a big deal of something completely irrelevant? Like when someone makes a huff about a store being out of a product or a girl chips a nail? This person told me Martinez was sincerely complaining about chairs, something silly to honestly complain about. I thought it was relevant to what I was trying to say - Martinez, like other players, can be huge prima donnas about stupid things. Sorry you felt otherwise.

And the Green they were talking about wasn't Aaron it was Cody. Both the Journalstar and World Herald had write ups about him winning the starting job at Tulsa. He likened the girls and parties as superficial things and something he needed to get away from. It didn't work out for him here but going down to Tulsa and working with the Scout team down there got his head on straight. I wish him the best.

Burkhead is my favorite Husker and is the epitome of what I wish every kid on our roster could be.

However, I don't agree with the "He's an amazing short yardage back." talk. There's been posts claiming he never losses yards, but I remember it on quite a few occasions (and it wasn't just the o-line's fault). He's not very big, I'd rather have Cross in there on short yardage situations, if he's really as good as they say.

I also disagree with the "He should get almost every single carry." talk. After all of his big games with a lot of carries, he'd be worn out the next week and therefore be ineffective. I know Rex is the type to not want to come out, but it's in his best interests to let the coaches regulate his carries to a maximum of 25 carries a game.

With that said, I love Burkhead and know he's in for a fantastic year.