Imani Cross?

Have you ever overheard someone legitimately complain about something trivial, making a big deal of something completely irrelevant? Like when someone makes a huff about a store being out of a product or a girl chips a nail? This person told me Martinez was sincerely complaining about chairs, something silly to honestly complain about. I thought it was relevant to what I was trying to say - Martinez, like other players, can be huge prima donnas about stupid things. Sorry you felt otherwise.

I get where you're coming from Enhance. Chairs may have been a bad example, because I've had a pretty messed up back from some of them before too, but there are quite a few guys who probably don't take their education seriously. I always heard stories from friends about them looking at people's exams or just talking during class and things like that. There are a few professors that hold them accountable though. The only negative first hand story I had was with a player who graduated last year and was supposed to be a big contributor but never really made anything happen. We had an economics class together and he showed up maybe a total of 10 or 12 days throughout the semester, including test days. Attendance wasn't mandatory but you probably weren't going to learn much if you didn't show up. Explained a lot to me about why he didn't play much. On the other hand I had a comm class with Caputo and Latravis Washington both were pretty smart and nice guys and were there to learn. The class was for their major so that probably helped too, but they contributed quiet a bit in class as well.

Burkhead is my favorite Husker and is the epitome of what I wish every kid on our roster could be.

However, I don't agree with the "He's an amazing short yardage back." talk. There's been posts claiming he never losses yards, but I remember it on quite a few occasions (and it wasn't just the o-line's fault). He's not very big, I'd rather have Cross in there on short yardage situations, if he's really as good as they say.

I also disagree with the "He should get almost every single carry." talk. After all of his big games with a lot of carries, he'd be worn out the next week and therefore be ineffective. I know Rex is the type to not want to come out, but it's in his best interests to let the coaches regulate his carries to a maximum of 25 carries a game.

With that said, I love Burkhead and know he's in for a fantastic year.

Gotta dissagree with you here. Burkhead is an exceptional short yardage back. No one is going to gain yards every single time, but you never see first contact bring him down. I dont think anyone is saying give the ball to him everytime. I know you put a disclaimer in there, but how can you say you would give the ball to Cross, none of us have ever seen him carry the ball, what if he carrys the ball like a bread loaf, or gets impatient and puts his head down and runs into blcker/tacklers. Ive seen so many big backs do that, because they think they are big and can run over anybody.

Rex is one of the best short yardage backs ive seen, like i said before he never goes down on first contact. I agree we need to save Rex, but on 3rd and 2 with the game on the line I gotta think Rex is getting the ball the majority of the time, until i see Marrow or Cross prove me otherwise. Rex hardly ever fumbles and hes our senior leader, dang right hes getting the ball over a freshman.

I know I probably shouldn't say this, but the first person that came to mind when reading about Cross was LP....Without the mental problems.

My first thought, without know how Cross runs, is that he's shorter and stockier than LP. But when I looked it up Cross is 6'1" and LP only 6'0". And Cross packs on a bit more muscle than Lawrence ever did. If Cross turns out to be the runner that LP was it'd be a dream come true. Lawrence Phillips was the best I-back I've seen. At NU anyway.

I am going to guess Cross is like Alexander or maybe Andre Franklin at IB. I haven't seen Cross play either so it's just a guess.

I am kind of interested to see the 'TANK' formation in redzone short yardage. (coined that myself)

Cross at IB, Marrow at FB... Everyone blocking down, full speed ahead!!!!!

Good way to eat the clock, pound out yards and demoralize some teams. Kind of like NU in the heyday. We are going to run it, you can't stop us and it is going to hurt you, a lot more than it hurts us.

The one about players cheating was fine. The one about tmart's butt hurting was not.

Have you ever overheard someone legitimately complain about something trivial, making a big deal of something completely irrelevant? Like when someone makes a huff about a store being out of a product or a girl chips a nail? This person told me Martinez was sincerely complaining about chairs, something silly to honestly complain about. I thought it was relevant to what I was trying to say - Martinez, like other players, can be huge prima donnas about stupid things. Sorry you felt otherwise.

Obviously you've never sat in an uncomfortable chair for an extended period of time. Look at King Enhance on his bed for made for kings, with his toilet made out of gold!

• Fire 1

People complain about the desk chairs all the time, but when a football player says it, it's a story? How was that even worth your girlfriend's friend passing it on to anyone? It says nothing whatsoever about his character.

Maybe T-Magic forgot to add this :sarcasm to his complaint.

The chairs in Burnett/Andrews are terrible and half of them are for left-handers. If he hadn't complained the girl would have said he's weird and anti-social.

Southpaws need desks too!

I know I probably shouldn't say this, but the first person that came to mind when reading about Cross was LP....Without the mental problems.

My first thought, without know how Cross runs, is that he's shorter and stockier than LP. But when I looked it up Cross is 6'1" and LP only 6'0". And Cross packs on a bit more muscle than Lawrence ever did. If Cross turns out to be the runner that LP was it'd be a dream come true. Lawrence Phillips was the best I-back I've seen. At NU anyway.

Me too. LP was easily the best rb I've ever seen at NU.

people act like he didnt have a shot here? he played very meaningful snaps the last 2 years and didnt get it done. get over it.

and back to the thread.......burkhead is as good of a short yardage back ive ever seen. he should get every critical carry this year.

SRex is just magic for getting positive yardage despite having to break one or two tackles behind the LOS several times every game. Nobody else we've seen so far could have even remotely hacked that.

No, the guy isn't an LP, Rozier, DuBose, etc but he brings his own special asset to the table every game.

I get where you're coming from Enhance. Chairs may have been a bad example, because I've had a pretty messed up back from some of them before too, but there are quite a few guys who probably don't take their education seriously. I always heard stories from friends about them looking at people's exams or just talking during class and things like that. There are a few professors that hold them accountable though. The only negative first hand story I had was with a player who graduated last year and was supposed to be a big contributor but never really made anything happen. We had an economics class together and he showed up maybe a total of 10 or 12 days throughout the semester, including test days. Attendance wasn't mandatory but you probably weren't going to learn much if you didn't show up. Explained a lot to me about why he didn't play much. On the other hand I had a comm class with Caputo and Latravis Washington both were pretty smart and nice guys and were there to learn. The class was for their major so that probably helped too, but they contributed quiet a bit in class as well.

Well, as long as you understood my point, I'm happy. I realize there are plenty of players who actually care, having had classes with some who became academic all americans. It's just unfortunate that they downplay the significance of what they have - free tuition. I know some people don't think college matters a lot, but I do. Thankfully, my parents were able to cover some of my college and I earned some scholarships, but I'm still going to be in debt when I graduate. I'd love to have their opportunity.

The chair thing was silly, but I've always been someone who gets annoyed by people who find ridiculous things to be upset about, especially when it comes to football players. I've worked part time at Walgreens through college, and one day, a customer came in at 9:50 p.m. (ten minutes before close), and we had one of our two doors locked. For as long as I've worked there (five years), we've closed one of the doors at 9:45 p.m. Customer came in and complained to management about one of our doors being locked, one thing led to another, and now both doors had to stay open until close. God forbid someone walks five extra feet to go through another door, you know - why does it matter to them?

Obviously, a little different than complaining about chairs giving you back pain and then not being able to practice because of it, but it rubbed the wrong way. Naturally, it won't for everybody. I shouldn't care about those kinds of things, but someone else caring enough to complain makes me care. I hate it lol.

he will play in the first game and will run your pathetic little defense over...j/k... thats rex's job for the first quarter.

Ya hes 6 1 225 and looks like an NFL back, everyones been raving about him saying he can run inside, but has enough speed to beat you to the outside. Pelini said tonight he cant imagine him getting a redshirt.

You guys will DEFINITELY be surprised at how physical our D is. Especially up front. I'm surprised every time I see us play.

Conference USA, notorious for physical play

That would be why I said you all would be surprised. Ever heard of context?

sure have, ever heard of :sarcasm

The one about players cheating was fine. The one about tmart's butt hurting was not.

Obviously you've never sat in an uncomfortable chair for an extended period of time. Look at King Enhance on his bed for made for kings, with his toilet made out of gold!

Charlie? Is that you?