after practice interviews

Avery moss is "as far along as any fr. D lineman I've ever coached" -papuchis

Justin jackson has edge for center spot. He's a walk on I believe???

No word on redshirts for Armstrong or westerkamp

Seisay has been slowed by ankle injury.

I'm sure There is much more to come.

How much does Jackson weigh now?

Listened to the Terry Joseph interview. He said SJB, Mitchell, Bell, Green, and Mo Seisay are all guys that he would feel comfortable putting in the game at corner. He gave no indication as to who the leaders for the starting jobs were as far as I heard, but I have to assume that Green has one side locked down.

I will be interested to see how Ciante looks on the field next week as well.

Listened to the Terry Joseph interview. He said SJB, Mitchell, Bell, Green, and Mo Seisay are all guys that he would feel comfortable putting in the game at corner. He gave no indication as to who the leaders for the starting jobs were as far as I heard, but I have to assume that Green has one side locked down.

Correct on that. The other guys are fighting for the the other side but they all can play both sides. Who ever becomes #2 pretty much can be that guy at either spot in most cases but they hope to kind of figure it out and keep them at one spot or the other. I've not heard it personally from the horses mouth but I was told that Bo has stated this is the deepest we've been in the secondary since he's been here including his first stop. We have 8-9 guys in the backfield that could start at most D1 schools.

Correct on that. The other guys are fighting for the the other side but they all can play both sides. Who ever becomes #2 pretty much can be that guy at either spot in most cases but they hope to kind of figure it out and keep them at one spot or the other. I've not heard it personally from the horses mouth but I was told that Bo has stated this is the deepest we've been in the secondary since he's been here including his first stop. We have 8-9 guys in the backfield that could start at most D1 schools.

We are loaded. This why im so high on our defense this year. Last year we couldnt find a corner to play opposite Green when Dennard was out. Now we have 6 guys that could step in and play. I found it kind of strange that Green SJB Siesay were on one side and Bell Mitchell Davies on one side. But i guess thats just fan perception of whos the better corners when in fact its pretty close and we really havent seen any of them play in ahwile. They can also rotate sides pretty easily. If Siesay gets healthy he might be taking over into confrenece play, but im not sure how bad that high ankle sprain is, it doesnt seem to be to bad, but being its a high sprain its going to bother him for ahwile, certainly not as bad as Taylors. Heard SJB could start also heard Bell from others, im sure we will see all of them in the noncon.

We are loaded. This why im so high on our defense this year. Last year we couldnt find a corner to play opposite Green when Dennard was out. Now we have 6 guys that could step in and play. I found it kind of strange that Green SJB Siesay were on one side and Bell Mitchell Davies on one side. But i guess thats just fan perception of whos the better corners when in fact its pretty close and we really havent seen any of them play in ahwile. They can also rotate sides pretty easily. If Siesay gets healthy he might be taking over into confrenece play, but im not sure how bad that high ankle sprain is, it doesnt seem to be to bad, but being its a high sprain its going to bother him for ahwile, certainly not as bad as Taylors. Heard SJB could start also heard Bell from others, im sure we will see all of them in the noncon.

Yeah. Its one of those spots this year that each day one guy is doing better. It wouldn't shock me if one week we have a set of guys out there and the next week 2 or 3 different ones out there. I think the #2 spot at Qb is very similar this year except that we'll have to get a pecking order soon as Beck stated to determine who gets the back up reps. But it sounds like one guy one day and another the next. Center is another spot like that. I know JJ has been getting the press but several people still think Cole.

I've actually been pretty pleased with how they are building depth. They've worked really hard this year to get clear down to the 3 deep and get guys ready to play which we haven't done since TO was here. I missed a chance at seeing practice last week but I know they've been running two full defensive units and offensive units at the same time a good amount. So instead of having ones vs one and guys watching, two vs two and ones and threes watching they have ran it like two full squads a lot more than they had done the last two years. They've done a good job at doing position drills like that since Bo came back (even though they scaled it back and eliminated one group a year or so ago) they just hadn't taken advantage of that with running the scrimmage like that as much as they could have. I think part of the reason is the depth is a little better but also that we have coaches who know whats to expect and know the offense and defense. Having to retrain coaches takes up time too.

I'm cautiously optimistic about where we're going to be this year. I don't see a game right now that I don't think we have a chance at or should win and I couldn't say that last year. I still think we have troubles and OSU and Mich State but I think the rest sets up well for us (Arky State is my stumble game). If we have more than 3 losses I'll be disappointed. Or if we get blown out in more than one game I'll probably feel like that too. The games we lose I feel will be close.

• Fire 2

It makes me wonder if Pelini uses these announcements as sort of motivational mind games. Trying to motivate guys by announcing that a player beneath them on the org chart is now in the lead. I guess we'll find out for certain what the depth chart looks like in another eight days.