TRUE or FALSE: Taylor Martinez will have a 60% or better completion rate this season.

It's hard to catch a ball when it rarely hits you in the numbers or is timed improperly. - FACT .

:facepalm:

People really need to learn the difference between fact and opinion.

Er, the thing you quoted IS a fact. Most of the rest of the stuff he said (that Martinez nearly always times it improperly or doesn't throw it on the numbers) was not.

No. The statement "hard to catch" is subjective and cannot therefore be a fact.

Alright, you've got me. But he clearly meant "harder" to catch and that's fact. It requires more of the body's energy when you have to move your arms further from the body, and the hand-eye coordination requirement is higher.

"Harder" is still subjective. I'd think most rational people would agree with that statement, but it's still not a fact. The <edit: third> sentence is actually two facts used to support the <edit:second sentence> which is an opinion.

1 game to prove the point about dropped passes - '10 Texas. We don't drop passes in that game that were clearly in or at the hands of the receivers, we win that game. Even as badly as other portions of that game were played, if we catch the ball in that game, we win, and it isn't even close.

Exactly. Also, in that game they also dropped several Z. Lee's passes too (just like all of 2009). So much for the wr's excuses my buddy zoogies dreams up. :rolleyes:

I'm amazed that so many deny we've had HUGE wr problems after 2008 when Swift & Peterson left.

Find it pretty hilarious that people frequently blame the WR's. A good majority of receievers would tell you it's pretty hard not to drop a ball when it rarely hits you in the numbers or if it's thrown slightly too early. Not to say they didn't have drops, which they did, but Martinez played a huge part in that as well. You missed the biggest possible reason for the increase in percentage: improved footwork, which improves timing, and also improves mechanics. So better mechanics and better timing more than anything will increase his completion percentage.

LMAO. You obviously never watched the games. Taylor, despite his funky mechanics and throwing motion, more often than not hit his WRs right in the hands with passes and they dropped it. Someone calculated it out that if Nebraska's WRs had simply made 10 more catches (over the course of a 12 game regular season) that Taylor would have been a 60% passer.

Nebraska has problems on offense and Taylor is NOT one of them. In fact, if everyone on our offense played as hard as Taylor and Rex we'd already have won a conference and national title by now.

FALSE -- and it won't be close, IMO. Probably closer to 50 than 60.

Taylor's 26-34 says hello. That's 74.5% for those of you keeping score at home. Now the question obviously is: can he maintain that over the course of the season? I think if he stays the course and continues to work on and perfect his footwork and mechanics then I see absolutely no reason whatsoever why Taylor can't be a 70% passer this season.

Not only were his throws much better but I was impressed with his progressions. The one time he missed Wullenwaber in the end zone, I could tell he was tempted to make the throw. Unfortunately it was a little late and he found another receiver open and completed the pass. Last year he would have chucked it deep and hoped for the best. Taylor has matured a lot over the summer. The Manning Camp may have helped as much as the Calif camp he attended. If I heard correctly, the Manning camp taught more than just the physics of throwing. They also taught poise on and off the field. I think we saw that yesterday. The combination of Taylor maturing and the receivers understanding what they need to do will make this offense click.

Not only were his throws much better but I was impressed with his progressions. The one time he missed Wullenwaber in the end zone, I could tell he was tempted to make the throw. Unfortunately it was a little late and he found another receiver open and completed the pass. Last year he would have chucked it deep and hoped for the best. Taylor has matured a lot over the summer. The Manning Camp may have helped as much as the Calif camp he attended. If I heard correctly, the Manning camp taught more than just the physics of throwing. They also taught poise on and off the field. I think we saw that yesterday. The combination of Taylor maturing and the receivers understanding what they need to do will make this offense click.

All true. The most obvious change is his mechanics leading to greater accuracy. But Taylor's decision making in throwing passes may have contributed as much to yesterday's success. Did he make a bad throw all day? I can't recall one. Even that little side-arm toss was a pretty good throw. He had to flick it quickly through a closing window. T-Magic was threading the needle all day. :thumbs: