State of the Big Ten

The Dude

The B1G did play pretty bad with exception of Nebraska and Ohio State, but it was just good that they pulled out the wins except for PSU and Mich. And Michigan being the favorite in the B1G and getting absolutely stomped on didn't help the national perception of the B1G either. Let's hope that week 2 results in better football.

it bodes well for us has a team. i think we look pretty good compared to the rest. however, it will be hard to defend this league. but the pac 12 still looks pathetic outside of usc and oregon. maybe the big 12 is better this year. hard to say.

Oklahoma looked like garbage against UTEP for more than three quarters. No way they're a legit top 10 team. Texas still won't be that good methinks. Wyoming gave them fits.

That league will come down to Oklahoma State and West Virginia. That'll be a fun game to watch, if you don't much care for defense. Other than Okie Lite and W. Virgina, the Big XII won't be that good.

i think i agree with you, but i was giving ou the benefit of the doubt. perhaps they will get their act together between week 1 and 2. but i agree that it is up to okie lite and west vag.

One thing's clear. The SEC is miles ahead of everyone.

Florida struggled with a MAC school, South Carolina was an honest referee away from losing to Vandy, UK got thumped by Louisville & Auburn got beat by perennially overrated Clemson.

Don't let the perception of the SEC blind you.

FIFY??? Please help!

Fixed It For Ya

The B1G did play pretty bad with exception of Nebraska and Ohio State, but it was just good that they pulled out the wins except for PSU and Mich. And Michigan being the favorite in the B1G and getting absolutely stomped on didn't help the national perception of the B1G either. Let's hope that week 2 results in better football.

Or we hope Mich just falls off the earth this year, and finishes something like 6-6 so it goes more to preseason over-hype, than the conference being that bad. If NU, MSU, and OSU all run Mich out like Bama did, it won't make the conference look as bad. If Mich wins it and goes to Pasadena....

One thing's clear. The SEC is miles ahead of everyone.

Florida struggled with a MAC school, South Carolina was an honest referee away from losing to Vandy, UK got thumped by Louisville & Auburn got beat by perennially overrated Clemson.

Don't let the perception of the SEC blind you.

FIFY??? Please help!

Fixed It For Ya

SEC is very top heavy. After Bama, LSU and Ark, they are not much different than other conferences. The media hype just follows around these three teams and gives an aura of greatness to the rest of the teams who don't deserve it.

People are making Waaayy too big a deal about the blowout at the hands of Bama.

I definitely enjoyed it but I'll be much more inclined to say there is an issue with Big Ten football if they get smoked when they get their NFL-esque offense with a power running game like they had pre-2008 and when they had actual talent on defense like Cato June or Lamaar Woodley.

Until then I won't take them too seriously no matter how many games they win or lose.

SEC is very top heavy. After Bama, LSU and Ark, they are not much different than other conferences. The media hype just follows around these three teams and gives an aura of greatness to the rest of the teams who don't deserve it.

South Carolina isn't too bad either. As I recall. :hmmph

And we held with them, in the bowl, and while we lost we did have every opportunity to win. They are not head and shoulders above teams from other conferences.

And we held with them, in the bowl, and while we lost we did have every opportunity to win. They are not head and shoulders above teams from other conferences.

I agree. I heard a Mike and Mike in the morning segment on ESPN radio and they were talking about the SEC in regards to the rest of college football. In a nut shell they agreed that the SEC is very top heavy and after that it's anyones game in that conference.