4.5 point favorites over UCLA

Although UCLA's offense put together several very explosive plays in week one, I read an article earlier today saying Rice has averaged almost dead last in the country in total defense the last five years. Furthermore, I seriously doubt they'll be able to pull that off against us. Our defense isn't a world beater, but UCLA is going to have to put together sustained drives to do well. Can they do that is the big question.

The line should be higher by the end of the week. Nebraska should win by at least two scores.

Although UCLA's offense put together several very explosive plays in week one, I read an article earlier today saying Rice has averaged almost dead last in the country in total defense the last five years. Furthermore, I seriously doubt they'll be able to pull that off against us. Our defense isn't a world beater, but UCLA is going to have to put together sustained drives to do well. Can they do that is the big question.

The line should be higher by the end of the week. Nebraska should win by at least two scores.

I agree with you. I just wouldn't bet on anything over 10.

With respect to UCLA, I just don't think they're there yet. Obviously an upset isn't inconceivable...the smart money says Burkhead doesn't make the trip, so if 2010-2011 TMart shows up instead of what we saw Saturday, UCLA's got a shot....That said look at Bo's record taking this team into hostile environments against teams that we should beat on paper. By my count, he's 11-0, and most of those were fairly lopsided.

If I had to pick a score at this point, I'd say 48-21 Nebraska, so obviously I'd take that line if I were a betting man.

I posted a thread after the game saying Not too high Not too low that got zero posts.

Now I know why.

5.5 favs? Seems low. But all you people expecting a 21 pt+ blowout after 4 yrs of riding the ups and downs of Pelini squads leave me shaking my head.

If we are even close to last weeks performance, I'm happy: 7 tds, 2 penalties, zero TOs? I'll be happy as hell if we replicate, trust me.

But you all thinking that's now the new normal are too high on the hog. and if we win by a very slim margin, or God forbid lose??

You'll be the first claim we are the worst cleats to touch turf in 65 yrs.

My (fake) money says: bet on the huskets to cover, but quit w the "insulting" talk of only being slight favs on the road after a near perfect performance against an obviously lesser foe.

• Fire 1

UCLA's defense really isn't any better than USM's defense. But seeing how they are UCLA, we won't have a score better than 45, but i can see mid 30's to close to 40 points by the end of the game a possibility if we repeat the same kind of offensive production.

Defensively, its a toss up. UCLA runs the QB quite a bit, which we struggle with. I don't see too many balls thrown into the air, they will hit us with the running game early, and if we struggle to shut it down early, its gonna be a long game until the defense finally shuts them down or restricts them to field goals.

Special teams should have a better game. I don't see Maher having a repeat terrible day, nor do i see repeat poor coverage on kickoffs and punts.

Final score - Neb 38 (T. Mart 2 pass TD 1 rush TD. A. Abdullah 1 rush TD. Maher 3 - 3 FG.)

UCLA - 13 ( 1 rush TD and 2 FG)

If the defense shows up, which i think it will. UCLA's offense shouldn't score more than 15 points in this game. If they don't show up and have a bad performance, I expect 20 - 25 points from UCLA. But still our offense will have the capability to rescue the defense.