UCLA making the Husker game a big event to draw fans

knapplc

Seems ticket sales have been dismal for the Bruins for a while (not surprising with Neuheisel* as their coach), and with a Husker Red Tide rolling their way, Bruins officials are dreaming up ways to draw their own fans to the game:

top-25 opponent should be an easy week for the UCLA marketing department. Instead, there has been a ticket campaign, with a side show and a give-away included in the package.

Besides the postgame fireworks, the first 10,000 fans will receive a UCLA team poster. No word whether that's the first 10,000 fans not clad in red.

UCLA officials said that the promotions have nothing to do with lagging ticket sales or the legion of fans trailing after the 17th-ranked Cornhuskers.

"The reason for the fireworks and posters is the fact that this game marks the start of the Jim Mora era and we want to start it off — if you pardon the pun — with a bang," UCLA spokesman Nick Ammazzalorso said.

It is Mora's first home game as head coach, and UCLA fans should out-number their Nebraska counterparts.

But by how much?

UCLA officials are expecting about 55,000 for the game. But there is a red scare.

LINK

* side note - I spelled Neuheisel correctly the first time without looking it up, which is really surprising, but Firefox didn't recognize the name and flagged it. Their alternative: Selfishness) :D

It is Mora's first home game as head coach, and UCLA fans should out-number their Nebraska counterparts.

But by how much?

UCLA officials are expecting about 55,000 for the game. But there is a red scare.

I don't think NU fans will outnumber Bruins fans. But it wouldn't surprise me to see a third or more of the fans dressed in red. Nebraska has a pretty good following out in LA. GBR!

We sold our allotment of tickets, went back for more, and sold those. Plus all the Husker fans living in SOCAL, not to mention Phoenix and Las Vegas. We could have a huge turnout.

Everyone i know that lives in california is attending the game. Come to think of it, I think my buddies in Reno are attending as well. Not to mention the handfull of people that live here in Lincoln that i know are going too.