between the underwhelming line and now this:

Gene Wojciechowski's upset pick.

Went with: UCLA over Nebraska.

This is nothing against Nebraska. I'm sweet on the Huskers this season but remain concerned about the knee injury to I-back Rex Burkhead, the two-time-zone trip to Los Angeles and a better-than-you-think UCLA team that gets a couple of extra days to prepare.

is this a trap game i just fail to see? i still am pretty confident we will take care of business and walk away looking pretty good, but it is hard to judge ucla. are they better than expected?

A trap game would indicate that we are looking ahead to a tough upcoming opponent. Correct me if I am wrong but we would have no reason to believe we would easily walk over UCLA. We are confident that we will win, but it doesn't mean we underestimate or don't appreciate the talent that they have at the school. Color me confused.

a 'trap game' is when you think you're so good that you don't need to be prepared for the next team on the schedule because you think you're so dominant over them.

If NU players and coaches haven't figured out that this is a 'pile of crap' mentality, then the losses will come.

Otherwise, you respect every opponent you play, you prepare like your life depends on it, and you play your ass off.

I went over this trap theory also and then dropped a grand on the Huskers -5 points. I am not even worried about rex being out. This is a true freshman QB,New staff. They played rice. Still scratching my head on the spread. Want to put more down,but I live by the gamblers rule. Never bet more then 10% of your stack. I broke that rule and bet roughly 20% of my stack on this game. Still not sure what vegas is seeing here. Unless they Know some heavy ucla guys are going to be ucla.