Anyone Listen to this Lee Sterling guy in Omaha? He's taking UCLA Outright

The run up to this game and hyping of UCLA is just bizarre to me. I try really hard to not be a homer, but I think we're going to kill these guys. Not because I think this year's Nebraska team is soooo special (I predicted a 9-3 regular season before the year started, and I'm thinking more 10-2 after week 1) but imo UCLA just isn't there yet. Hundley may be as fast, but certainly is not as shifty as the Southern Miss qb's and shiftiness is what kills us. Burkhead probably won't play, but I still think our offense walks all over them. Earlier this week, I said 48-21, Nebraska. After giving it more thought and viewing UCLA's Rice highlights, I'm thinking more 41-17, but I do not expect this game to be close.

Mark May at half time of the Pitt/Cincinati game picked UCLA to beat us also. From what I have heard so far from the national talking heads, they seem to be giving UCLA a lot of props this year and really not much love for Neb (surprise, surprise). After to listening to that last night the more I think we need to completely destroy this team start to finish, but we will see. I think if we don't let them hit us in the mouth in the first quarter or give them a fast start we will will roll. If they do get a couple scores right away it could be closer than we would like, but I still think we win.

Mark May at half time of the Pitt/Cincinati game picked UCLA to beat us also. From what I have heard so far from the national talking heads, they seem to be giving UCLA a lot of props this year and really not much love for Neb (surprise, surprise). After to listening to that last night the more I think we need to completely destroy this team start to finish, but we will see. I think if we don't let them hit us in the mouth in the first quarter or give them a fast start we will will roll. If they do get a couple scores right away it could be closer than we would like, but I still think we win.

May even said UCLA would win "handily" if UCLA's RB can get going. I know it will be a close game and maybe even a loss if UCLA is able to rack up 250+ rushing yards and keep the ball away from NU. But HANDILY? C'mon...

My prediction is NU: 38 Ucla: 14. I think the Huskers score some points while bringing in the run game a little more this week. I also am not impressed with UCLA's "running" QB and RB after watching the highlights of the Rice game. Most of their yards came on loooooong runs where Rice defenders took horrible angles and actually were running away from some of the UCLA blockers.

We can expect UCLA to come out of the blocks full of energy. After the first few hits it will settle into which team has the best athletes, scheme,and who came to play football. I heard on the radio yesterday that Mora has only installed 35 plays with a few variations of each in an effort to keep it simple for his young Qb. If our D can pressure him and our D backs can hold coverage on the wide receivers, it will force them to be one dimensional. While he isn't a pocket Qb, he doesn't look as good as the Mich or OSU Qb.

Playing our first road game might be a factor in the first half. A few adjustments at halftime and I think we roll.

Remember, the last time Mark May watched Nebraska play football these two guys were coaching against USC:

7317c411-cabb-5ffd-8d7f-8a569dc18009.image.jpg

So it's no surprise to me that he said UCLA will win handily if their running back can get going.

They must forget that Franklin had 2/3s of his rushing total on 2 plays. We didn't give up a big play on defense aside from that rushing play in the first quarter. Color me not worried about their running game. Color me not worried about their offense.

With the way our offense performed in week 1, I'm not worried about their defense either. We put up 30+ and that's enough to win.

• Fire 1

The run up to this game and hyping of UCLA is just bizarre to me. I try really hard to not be a homer, but I think we're going to kill these guys. Not because I think this year's Nebraska team is soooo special (I predicted a 9-3 regular season before the year started, and I'm thinking more 10-2 after week 1) but imo UCLA just isn't there yet. Hundley may be as fast, but certainly is not as shifty as the Southern Miss qb's and shiftiness is what kills us. Burkhead probably won't play, but I still think our offense walks all over them. Earlier this week, I said 48-21, Nebraska. After giving it more thought and viewing UCLA's Rice highlights, I'm thinking more 41-17, but I do not expect this game to be close.

HuskerLuke....if you wouldn't mind delving further....what made you change the score in more of NEB's favor!? I'm just curious.....I have this game being pictured like the 2010 Washington game....UCLA is going to get a thumping!

Remember, the last time Mark May watched Nebraska play football these two guys were coaching against USC:

7317c411-cabb-5ffd-8d7f-8a569dc18009.image.jpg

So it's no surprise to me that he said UCLA will win handily if their running back can get going.

They must forget that Franklin had 2/3s of his rushing total on 2 plays. We didn't give up a big play on defense aside from that rushing play in the first quarter. Color me not worried about their running game. Color me not worried about their offense.

With the way our offense performed in week 1, I'm not worried about their defense either. We put up 30+ and that's enough to win.

Marky Mark May is a dousche. He will be eating his crow just like he did when we destroyed Washington in 2010.

The ones picking the upset are more than likely looking at how jeckyll and hyde we've been over the last two years. In 2010, it was to be expected with Martinez running the show and then getting hurt. Last year, we just got trounced a couple of times. I'm guessing they're looking at this game with UCLA having all the confidence in the world and expecting NU to come in flat. I'm a little nervous of this happening, but I'm giving Martinez the benefit of the doubt that game one wasn't a fluke. Our receivers are playing much better than they have the last couple of years. Even if Rex doesn't play, I don't think there's much if any of a drop off with Adbullah. I'm also giving our OL the benefit of the doubt that game one wasn't a fluke either as they have over the past couple of years played both good and bad.

I'm hopeful we don't see any implosions this year like we have the past couple of years. I hope I never have to witness as poor of wide receiver play as we had a couple of years ago against Texas. I think Bo has addressed a lot of these issues, and I don't expect them to be repeated anytime soon. The offense seems to have great depth across the board. The defense seems to have some pretty good youngsters coming up that will only get better as they get the schemes down. LB play is probably the biggest concern I have this year.