Will some younger guys get a chance vs Ark st and ID st?

I don't know, but considering the lack of fundamentals and understanding of the scheme on both sides of the ball, we really need to give some of the younger kids a chance.

If we don't see some roster shake-ups and the necessary changes in our offensive playcalling, the fans will (understandably) assume that Bo is being stubborn again. Head coach Bo Pelini can't afford that--it would slowly but surely burn away all of the goodwill established between Bo and the fans here that wanted to give him a shot as head coach.

I would like to play the starters for the first few series and then start sprinkling in some of the younger guys and let them play with the 1s...This would give them a chance to play against the 1s from the other team and get used to the speed of the game. It would build great depth.

• Fire 1

Bo isn't concerned with getting the next guys ready for the future over whats important now.

Think about it.... The same people who come marching with burning torches calling for Bo's head are asking if Bo will give the younger players playing time for the good of the future?

Yep, that makes buckets of sense.

I see no reason not to. Are the younger guys that far behind. Santos, for example, is in year 2. Anderson, Juco IIRC. If they are "ready" dumb down the D and get kids hungry to play in there. No way can they be worse. Again we are not talking just schemes, but complete lack of fundamentals. What's the worse that happens, one turns out to be the next Assante or David?!

I see no reason not to. Are the younger guys that far behind. Santos, for example, is in year 2. Anderson, Juco IIRC. If they are "ready" dumb down the D and get kids hungry to play in there. No way can they be worse. Again we are not talking just schemes, but complete lack of fundamentals. What's the worse that happens, one turns out to be the next Assante or David?!

Exactly...It has been said how athletic our younger guys are, it's time to see for ourselves. If it doesn't help us this year, then it will pay off in the years to come.

• Fire 1

Just enough to burn redshirts. Heard had only 3 carries against UCLA but averaged 7 yards per carry. Cross may not get another 15 carries all year. I would like to see Cross as OLB.

I think he'd be good. He has the size, has some speed...at least...he has to be faster than Compton. Hell...it worked out pretty good for Cody Glenn

Cross is a wee bit overrated in my book, you can't blame him though, he had WAY too much hype for being an 18 year old straight out of high school expected to do great things in year 1

Just enough to burn redshirts. Heard had only 3 carries against UCLA but averaged 7 yards per carry. Cross may not get another 15 carries all year. I would like to see Cross as OLB.

I think he'd be good. He has the size, has some speed...at least...he has to be faster than Compton. Hell...it worked out pretty good for Cody Glenn

Cross is a wee bit overrated in my book, you can't blame him though, he had WAY too much hype for being an 18 year old straight out of high school expected to do great things in year 1

Cross doesn't have enough playing time (11 carries for 62yds) to say he's overrated or not IMO. Hell, just off those stats, he's averaging almost 6yds per carry which is damn good in any book.

He may be great or he may get buried in the depth chart. I do know his 6'1", 225lb frame would make a good LB in my book.

Most of the biggest issues right now are on defense. I really do think that the secondary will get better as the year progresses. The defensive line is the biggest concern. That and linebacker. No push up front.... Way worse than last year with no David or Crick. Also, Whaley looks slow and can't tackle. Didn't the coaches tell us he finally understands Bo's complicated sytsem? They struggled against a bunch of Freshmen!!

Get Kevin Williams and some of the other young guys out there like Santos. I mean can it get much worse? Let's see what some of the new "touted" talent can do.

If things to do not change drastically we will have our hands full with Arkansas State. They have talent and will test our swiss cheese defense I think. We should win this game, but it just might be a lot closer than some think. They have a hypsman watch QB and won 12 games last year, and are returning conference champion. They will be watching the film on what happened last night.

I would not mind seeing the young kids play alot, even if it costs us some points. If they are going to save Bo's bacon next year, lets see what they can do now. I think we might be happy with the results. Might help us in the conference play to get them snaps now that mean something.