Carnes to WR!

qchris1

Said Carnes on move to WR: "All my life I played quarterback. But I feel I have good enough athleticism to help out the receiving corps." Yea thats right Brion Carnes. Maybe he is not going to transfer then like we thought!

Wow! That's great news in that if he gets to start and does well he could really be good. What a great attitude to have as well! Wanting to help out! Excellent! Look forward to watching you do great things Brion!!

At this point in his career there's no point in Carnes staying at QB, he'll only play if something really, really drastic happens (meaning Taylor, Tommy, and Ron all go down), so it would make sense for a really athletic guy to move to a position we're he'd be better suited, we've seen it happen before just move him to slot, maybe he'd be able to figure out that position better than QB because it sure doesn't know the playbook well enough to even get a legitimate shot of competing at QB anymore. Heck they'd probably put Jamal back there before Brion, that's how far he's fallen in the coaches eyes and the lack of trust they have in him.

I would love to see a list of every single post from last year calling for Brion to get more snaps...but more than that, every post that criticized Martinez for sliding on every run or dipping out of bounds. Now you know why. He was told to do that. Because our first option as a backup QB was a WR.

I don't mean to be disrespectful to Brion. Takes personal character and loyalty to something bigger than yourself to sacrifice for the good of the whole. If he was amenable to this move and did it with a positive attitude, than I applaud the kid. That's a hell of a lot more maturity and selflessness than I was capable of at that age.

Not a Taylor hater by any means but it is not a bad thing to be excited for backups to play. This is especially so for the young new talent each year. We saw Brion's athleticism on display in his high school tape and during the 2011 spring game. It's easy to see that he has an arm, that he can run, and that he can throw accurately on the run. It's a shame he wasn't able to grasp the playbook. Supposedly Taylor had the same problem as a Redshirt Freshman which is why the zone read was ran so often but I guess that's another story.

Now it's said that Tommy moved a head of Brion because of his leadership skills. Well, again I am very excited to see what our young new talent can do. Hopefully either this year or next year, we get to see him actually play.

Why WR? That is our only position with depth!

I'd take guys like Tariq Allen (a HS safety) and move him to safety --- we have no quality depth there at all --- and WR is stacked. If Carnes is at all physical and can tackle... I'd put him there too. Of coarse Carnes may have chosen WR and stated that he does not want to play defense. We cannot know this for sure...

In any event, we need depth at safety and CB so much more than we do at WR that adding another WR is crazy. If Carnes chose this... well.. he just ensured that he will likely never see the field.