Chase Rome quits?

I'll just say this from my own experience:

My college coach wouldnt even have the team picture taken until week 3 of the season. He didn't want anyone not on the team in the picture. He had been coaching for about 25-28 yrs and had learned that people quit:

During 2 a days cuz they arent toug enough for college ball or get really hurt and can't play again ever.

After 2 a days and school starts and they start to party and/or do school so much football becomes an afterthought.

Or after about week 2 or 3 when inevitable changes to lineups and opponents show some guys they won't play as much as they thought or think they should.

Is it disconcerting that 3 or 4 highly rated guys are gone? Yeah.

But for every bad attitude you cut, you save 5 guys who have good attitudes. If you've ever been on a good football team, all this really....really shouldn't surprise you. It happens A LOT.

Well, if we are changing the defense I am all for it. No reason to continue to play the ineffective defense we had. Sure I prefer we keep a guy like Rome but we need to move forward. This signals to me that Bo has maybe seen the light. He best change this defense and get people excited again about Nebraska defense or go down in a blaze of glory. Simplify it, add speed, add pressure, disguise blitzes, get young guys playing time and just fly and hit people all over the field. This should be fun to watch instead of the dreck of the last 2 years. Unleash the Caveman!

are we sure chase rome has not just quit smoking? that would be a good thing. i will look into it.

Do we know for sure if quit, or was he asked to leave?

This is what it said on the WOWT website:

"Chase Rome is dealing with some personal issues and isn’t with the football team right now and won’t be for the foreseeable future.” Pelini said Rome's "personal goals and personal perception of where he should be on this football team doesn't match the team goals."

So, your guess is as good as mine.

So wait a second.....it goes from issues stemming from PT with the new 3-4 possibly to a possible smoking issue!? DAMNIT! WTH!!! A straight curve ball with poop on it thrown in there...

You're only a true badass if you throw a dip in, light a cigarette and smoke a cigar all at the same time. MMMmmm, sweet, sweet Vitamin N.

I had a running buddy that used to dip, he'd take a scoop and run four miles with it in. True commitment.

The true commitment... whether he spit or not...

You're only a true badass if you throw a dip in, light a cigarette and smoke a cigar all at the same time. MMMmmm, sweet, sweet Vitamin N.

I had a running buddy that used to dip, he'd take a scoop and run four miles with it in. True commitment.

Damn...well...I go on jogs once in a while with a dip in....yet I don't consider myself a bad ass ; P lol

My thoughts exactly...I had to spit every minute or so

Yea, neglected to mention that he did not. Stomach cancer ahoy!

Damn...

Wait, whats he dipping?

Edited by walksalone

I dip Copenhagen. I never spit. I'll regret it some day.

• Fire 1

are we sure chase rome has not just quit smoking? that would be a good thing. i will look into it.

Do we know for sure if quit, or was he asked to leave?

I doubt he would be asked to leave just because he smokes.

Remember when smoking was not only accepted but even common among athletes? Pepperidge Farms remembers...and so does Knapp.

And Dr's. said smoking had health benefits.

:facepalm:

I dip Copenhagen. I never spit. I'll regret it some day.

damn, ok... you win