Chase Rome quits?

Kids that think a coach (that could lose a million dollar paycheck) won't do whatever it takes to win are delusional. The coach will and should bench players if they aren't performing. After last week's performance, these changes shouldn't be unexpected. They need to hike up their black skirts and get to work. After all of this offseason noise about family, unity, blah blah, I'm starting to wonder if Bo isn't coddling these guys too much. The coaches need to provide direct feedback during the game when they screw up. If they are changing starters it shouldn't be via posting of the depth chart. They should be straight up and tell them one on one that they aren't happy with their performance and are starting another player. If the player has a problem with it they should argue the decision at that time. The coaches can play the game tape and objectively show them where they failed and what was expected of them. If they agree they'll stay and work harder. If they still disagree and feel they would be better off elsewhere, they can quit. The decision to bench someone should be explained clearly and I hope Bo and his staff are doing this.

Someone mentioned watching Chase in the first half of the game and he looked fat and ineffective. I remember an article about Chase and how he was trying to gain weight by eating a lot. That's not how to put on what God left off. You've got to have the correct frame and put on muscle mass which takes years. Wisconsin O-line and Bama D-line player are large muscular dudes that carry their weight well and look athletic. Reminds me a lot of our teams from years past. Our current linemen look flabby. Unless they are freaks of nature, I'm skeptical that freshmen or sophomores (18-19 y.o.) are ready to play. It takes a while to put on the correct weight.

Didnt Texas A&M do it in the middle of season in 2010? It proved to be pretty effective, and if I recall, they did it to better match the personel they had versus the offenses they were facing.

No sh#t!? If the gaggies can do it, we can as well.

I don't know - they are an SEC team. SEC teams can do anything. They're superhuman.

...and they have lots of time to study because they don't have to go to class.

T_O_B

G>B>R

:bigredn:

1 Nebraska license plate cover, 3 Husker shirts, and 4 Husker hats.... Jerseys are for children....

Well, I have an autographed Tommie Frazier jersey that has patches from the 3 NC bowl games he was MVP of.

For those of you reading this, your loyalty will be called into question, if you do not posses the following items. If you disagree with the previous statements, you will be ridiculed, your fandom questioned, unless you posses Husker artifacts and/or relics that are equal to or greater than in value..

That is all...

This is total BS... never, EVER have I questioned someone's fandom. This is straight ignorance, and precisely the type of lame crap that I'm talking about.

1 Nebraska license plate cover, 3 Husker shirts, and 4 Husker hats.... Jerseys are for children....

Well, I have an autographed Tommie Frazier jersey that has patches from the 3 NC bowl games he was MVP of.

For those of you reading this, your loyalty will be called into question, if you do not posses the following items. If you disagree with the previous statements, you will be ridiculed, your fandom questioned, unless you posses Husker artifacts and/or relics that are equal to or greater than in value..

That is all...

This is total BS... never, EVER have I questioned someone's fandom. This is straight ignorance, and precisely the type of lame crap that I'm talking about.

:sarcasm

I think when I left this thread I was on like page 3. I'm sure its now 5 pages of over reaction and people calling each other names. Can someone give me the recap?

It's five pages of FLU saying the same thing over and over again. Read his first post in the thread and you'll get the gist of the last give pages.

Also, someone poops in the shape of an "N".

• Fire 5

I think when I left this thread I was on like page 3. I'm sure its now 5 pages of over reaction and people calling each other names. Can someone give me the recap?

It's five pages of FLU saying the same thing over and over again. Read his first post in the thread and you'll get the gist of the last give pages.

I figured as much.

Basically due to the fact that many posters' reading comprehension skills are sorely lacking -- stating that I said I want Bo fired, questioning others' fandom, etc.