Chase Rome quits?

You know now that I look at this page sober I am laughing even more after going back through it. Did you hear? Chase Rome quit!

You put out your Weekend picks yet Akita?

NOT yet Jarvis. When I put my son down for his nap today I am going to study the games.

I'm going to PM you about my picks Akita. See what ya think if ya don't mind.

Me too! PM them to me too!

I am probably shooting for 2, 3-game parlays. I like my chances hehehhe

Nah dude...scores aren't what I'm talking about...I'm talking yardage. Had they not downed the ball at the end of the game, it would have been the worse game for yards allowed since some crazy game in the 1950's where someone put up 700 on us or something.
His point is you called it the worst "loss" since the 1950s - it might have been the most yards given up, but when you consider all other factors, there are several other games that are far and away worse losses. Giving up a lot of yards contributes very little to my thought process about how a game went. We gave up fewer yards to Wisconsin last year, but they dropped 45 on us and we only scored 17. That is a significantly worse loss, would you not agree? I'd gladly give up more yards if it meant fewer points, in comparison to giving up fewer yards but a ton of points.
I agree with you... the Wisconsin and Michigan losses last year --- and maybe even the Northwestern loss were all worse --- they were in conference and the implications were bigger. I also agree with those who think the UCLA loss was bad too --- in that it was yet another testimony to an unprepared and out-hustled team and once again we were out coached. That is bad. But in conference loses are worse --- especially from a standings perspective. In the standings sense, the UCLA loss is not overly meaningful --- the conference losses will be... but there are no real implications towards anything for the UCLA loss. We are still undefeated in conference this year. Now... the embarrassment from the loss and its toll on team morale and confidence may have implications later when we are in conference. But that remains to be seen.

True, but if there is a tie, then your overall record comes into play, which includes your non-con games.

The UCLA loss was a bad loss, no question. But it absolutely NOT the worst loss we've sustained in the last 50 years.

And FLU, cut it out already. There's a difference between being intelligently critical and just being a pain, and you're the latter. You'll notice that I've spent a lot of time criticizing the team over the last week, saying many of the same things you've said, but nobody jumps down my throat about it.

I think the game rates high on the worst list, due to the supposed thought that Bo is a defensive genius. That is his DNA. For a coach to come out and make comments, like the best defense since I have been here, among other comments, brings questions to his ability.

He has been working on this defense since mid January, slotting personel, designing schemes around those personel I would think. After the number of years he has in the game, he should know game speed of a player just by watching him. If after spring ball and fall camp he put together this defense thinking it was the best, what does that say about his capabilities as a talent scout.

Hopefully this game has far reaching affects. Should be immediate change, not only in basics being taught, timing drills I would think. It will or should have changes made in recruiting, if the young ones are not as good as we are hoping.

I still think it all goes back to lack of experience, Tom not helping as much as he could with a first time head coach. I think we see more of what we saw Saturday during the conference schedule, but hopefully not as bad. I would not be surprised t see more players leave. I am hearing that it is not as tight of ship as we have been told.

Maybe da skers can give light, he seems quite quiet about the things going on.

The UCLA loss was a bad loss, no question. But it absolutely NOT the worst loss we've sustained in the last 50 years.

And FLU, cut it out already. There's a difference between being intelligently critical and just being a pain, and you're the latter. You'll notice that I've spent a lot of time criticizing the team over the last week, saying many of the same things you've said, but nobody jumps down my throat about it.

But if the UCLA loss WAS the worst loss in the last 50 years, does that mean the sellout streak is ending on Saturday?

You'll notice that I've spent a lot of time criticizing the team over the last week, saying many of the same things you've said, but nobody jumps down my throat about it.

I think that has far more to do with your known ties to the mafia than anything else.

And here I thought it was because he's such a swell guy...

You know now that I look at this page sober I am laughing even more after going back through it. Did you hear? Chase Rome quit!

NOT yet Jarvis. When I put my son down for his nap today I am going to study the games.

I dont mind! Just remember I am only one game above 500. Really I should be at 500, but the Oklahoma game I did not get off. I would of lost with that game in week one!

I dont mind! Just remember I am only one game above 500. Really I should be at 500, but the Oklahoma game I did not get off. I would of lost with that game in week one!

I'll have my picks on Friday

The loss at UCLA was the worst loss since the 1950's

wut

It was the most yards allowed since the 1950 's (quoting someone else). I haven't looked it up...but if they hadn't downed the ball, they would have put the most yards on a Nebraska team ever. That to me is the worst loss ever...regardless of points on the board.

Wouldn't it be prudent to wait until the end of the year before we start awarding category leaders?