ESPN Announcers

Journalists...in general...are bad. It all started when they stopped worrying about trying to appear as though they had no bias and started to think it was okay to make news instead of just reporting it in a thorough, even handed way (don't know whether to blame that on Murrow or Woodward and Bernstein, or someone else, but it happened).

Then the phenomenon of 24hr news came along and gave us 24/7 - 365 of bad reporting. What we ended up with is robots that don't care about truth and integrity. Rather they seem to just use their position (in an institution so revered by our founders that they guaranteed its protection/freedom in the 1st Ammendment to the Constitution) for nothing more than a platform to spew their agenda, or a way to self-promote their way out of the insignificance to which they should be forever relegated.

Then you take the media/journalism sub-category of sports reporting and consider the position these clueless parasites occupy on the food chain. It is no wonder they can't put together a decent, competent set of commentators/play-by-play/sideline reporters.

The standards are ridiculously low, and unfortunately, so are most people's expectations. Sports journalism and it's retarded cousin, gameday crews, aspire to be as incompetent as the mainstream news and entertainment media. It is all a really sad statement on society that we accept the incomprehensible drivel that is spewed by these talentless morons.

• Fire 1

Their actual football analysis was decent enough.

They weren't advancing an agenda, other than Nebraska vs. Arkansas State at 9:00 in the morning.

Virtually no NCAA announcer will be as fluent on the home team as the rabid message board fan base.

Sending your own reporter to the hospital to check on the head football coach who left the game via ambulance is a no-brainer. You don't wait for, or trust, the team to tell you what to say.

I am trying to remember the man who used to broadcast on the radio husker games..I think he used to say "Man Woman & Child" when the huskers made great plays. I always liked to hear him announcing games:) Just wish they would get some better announcers and preferably not women announcers. I don't care if she would know about football...I want a man with knowledge to broadcast the games...I don't care for women announcers period! I felt like making her some cookies and putting laxatives in it so she would have to leave and not hear her for the rest of the game:)

Lyle Bresmer.

Bremser was good in his early days. Late in his career, if you were at the stadium listening to him on KFAB, you would wonder if he was watching the same game you were watching. He could not keep the numbers straight, did not know who was coming in the game and who was going out and would often refer to the offense as the defense, etc. Sad that it had to end that way. My favorite Bremserism was, “Man, woman and child, did that put em' in the aisles. Johnny Rogers just tore em' loose from their shoes.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLvv3KPNHfY

I must be the only Husker fan that doesn't sit at home watching TV critiquing the announcers. Honestly, 99% of the time I really don't care who they are. I'm watching the game.

However, since it is brought up so often, this comment struck me because I have always had a theory that one reason why so many people thought Lyle did a great job was because it was in an era where they couldn't watch the game and listen at the same time. I will guarantee you that he made mistakes on yardage and numbers just like every announcer does now.

It more than likely wasn't his decision, so calling him idiotic for a superior's choice isn't reasonable. If I'm a sideline reporter, I want to keep doing that, not chase Bo Pelini in hospitals. I'm sure he felt the same way. It was probably his news director who told him to be supernewsman of the day and go scope out Pelini.

i agree with everything except the bolded, i never called him idiotic, i just said, "idiotic" as in the situation, and what he did

Stereotyper

I kept waiting for the "Breaking News" flash at the bottom of the screen whenever they talked about Bo.

Also there was a lot of Dead air time (although on this game, I am really not complaining). I wanted to turn the sound off, but couldn't watch the game until 6pm that night and had no other audio source.

I am trying to remember the man who used to broadcast on the radio husker games..I think he used to say "Man Woman & Child" when the huskers made great plays. I always liked to hear him announcing games:) Just wish they would get some better announcers and preferably not women announcers. I don't care if she would know about football...I want a man with knowledge to broadcast the games...I don't care for women announcers period! I felt like making her some cookies and putting laxatives in it so she would have to leave and not hear her for the rest of the game:)

Lyle Bresmer.

Bremser was good in his early days. Late in his career, if you were at the stadium listening to him on KFAB, you would wonder if he was watching the same game you were watching. He could not keep the numbers straight, did not know who was coming in the game and who was going out and would often refer to the offense as the defense, etc. Sad that it had to end that way. My favorite Bremserism was, “Man, woman and child, did that put em' in the aisles. Johnny Rogers just tore em' loose from their shoes.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLvv3KPNHfY

I must be the only Husker fan that doesn't sit at home watching TV critiquing the announcers. Honestly, 99% of the time I really don't care who they are. I'm watching the game.

However, since it is brought up so often, this comment struck me because I have always had a theory that one reason why so many people thought Lyle did a great job was because it was in an era where they couldn't watch the game and listen at the same time. I will guarantee you that he made mistakes on yardage and numbers just like every announcer does now.

Put em' in the aisle and tie em' loose. 007 Is this the professionalism you are referring to? I am assuming none would classify this as ghetto.

Comparing current day buffoons to the likes of Lyle Bremser or Keith Jackson really isn't fair. There will never be another era where somebody with Lyle's talent could even be fully appreciated. And, Keith Jackson, well those days are long gone. But, they sure do seem to scrape the bottom of the barrel for some of these play by play crews nowadays. It's almost unbearable if it's not the networks prime crew and most of those are not good either. Whoa Nelly.

All the new announcers are cookie-cutter. Guys like those that have been mentioned, as well as the greatest announcer ever, Vin Scully, will never come again because they're different. Some are still around because they're legends, but as the legends leave the booth, these copied-and-pasted buffoons and boners enter it.

• Fire 1

Their actual football analysis was decent enough.

They weren't advancing an agenda, other than Nebraska vs. Arkansas State at 9:00 in the morning.

Virtually no NCAA announcer will be as fluent on the home team as the rabid message board fan base.

Sending your own reporter to the hospital to check on the head football coach who left the game via ambulance is a no-brainer. You don't wait for, or trust, the team to tell you what to say.

I have to disagree, they were unprepared. There is no excuse for messing up the number of names they did, or the amount of facts they just had flat out wrong. (like Memorial Stadium having more seats than Lincoln has citizens) The Thursday night crews are consistently better calling smaller stature teams. No excuse to be unprepared when you have all week to prep.