*** HB Misc Topic bullsh#t Thread ***

6 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Well that’s one off the secondary bucket list.

Had In-N-Out burger for the first time ever today. It was pretty good but nothing worthy of all the hype. Burger (Double-Double animal style) and fries were good. Vanilla shake not so good. Not sure there was any actual dairy product in it.

Yeah I don't get the hype but I also don't eat much fast food. I had a strawberry shake last time I went in California that was pretty good. We have a place here in town that makes their version of animal fries that I think are way better

• Oh Yeah! 1
  • 3 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

We recently bought a 2019 Kia Sorrento.  Fully loaded.  The nicest car we have owned, especially for it being used.

We noticed the cruise control doesn't work.  It is still under warranty.  I take it to a KIA dealer.  They can't find the warranty info under the vin#.

The place I bought it from does a deep dive.  The care was first purchased in Canada.  Call Kia-US.  Need to call Kia-Canada.  Call them.  I need to drive it to a Canadian Kia.  For me, not too bad, I go through Buffalo all of the time to go to my son's events at University of Rochester.  Other than having to renew my passport I am someone OK with this.  For the price of the work, it is worth it.

So from now on, make sure you know in what country your vehicle was first purchased.  

On 2/20/2024 at 11:09 AM, Crusader Husker said:

We recently bought a 2019 Kia Sorrento.  Fully loaded.  The nicest car we have owned, especially for it being used.

We noticed the cruise control doesn't work.  It is still under warranty.  I take it to a KIA dealer.  They can't find the warranty info under the vin#.

The place I bought it from does a deep dive.  The care was first purchased in Canada.  Call Kia-US.  Need to call Kia-Canada.  Call them.  I need to drive it to a Canadian Kia.  For me, not too bad, I go through Buffalo all of the time to go to my son's events at University of Rochester.  Other than having to renew my passport I am someone OK with this.  For the price of the work, it is worth it.

So from now on, make sure you know in what country your vehicle was first purchased.  

Seems like a bit of needless BS runaround by Kia. You would think warranty work should be warranty work and not country dependent. But anyway, thanks for the heads up.

• 2 weeks later...

On 3/17/2024 at 9:02 PM, DevoHusker said:

Surprised at a couple. Some others, not so much lol.

I would guess the biggest problem of doing this accurately (and obviously the are a lot of problems), is the words documented from the earliest presidents would almost all be prepared speeches, and sound smarter than off the cuff remarks we have from modern presidents. But maybe they base part of it off decisions too. Who knows.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1
On 3/22/2024 at 11:36 AM, Moiraine said:

I would guess the biggest problem of doing this accurately (and obviously the are a lot of problems), is the words documented from the earliest presidents would almost all be prepared speeches, and sound smarter than off the cuff remarks we have from modern presidents. But maybe they base part of it off decisions too. Who knows.

If you read through their explanation, the person simply guessed at more recent presidents.

I would imagine that was posted because of the last ten people on that person's ranking.