*** HB Misc Topic bullsh#t Thread ***

"14 years down the drain." I NEVER get sick to my stomach. Till today. Felt like crap all day. Even went home from work. First time I've taken a sick day in, like, forever. I guess I start a new vomit streak tomorrow.

Valentine's Day. Meh.

Here's a fun little story.

So my wife and me are pretty much probably the least materialistic people around. Seriously. I just dont get into all the hip new stuff, and niether does she. I think myself to be probably the luckiest man to have her. But we've never done anything for Valentine's day, never really done anything over the top to celebrate birthdays and anniversaries and such. We've always put that money and effort into birthdays and Christmas for the kids. Just the way we are. I dont know, maybe this sounds corny or whatever, but I guess each other's presence has always been gift enough. Evidently she feels the same way I guess, cuz we've been like this since we got together 11 years ago. Sorry if it sounds arrogant and makes some feel like i'm a dick, but I like to think we have a near perfect relationship.

So anyway, last September, we're in the hospital giving birth to our 3rd child, and my Mom-who by the way is very outgoing in doing gifts and such and has always been over the top, we have to reel here in on christmas cuz she gets so out of control with our kids that we literally do not have room in our house for all the junk. Anyway, my mom knowing I dont get into all the hubub of stuff-It think cards and flowers are a total waste of time and money-just frickin say it, you know? My mom calls me up the day my daughter is born and says "I ordered up a big bouquet of flowers for Ashleigh and i put from you on it, so when it gets there just play along". I told her she'd know better. Sure enough, I go up to the room, and there it sits, and my wife looks at me and say's "look what your mom sent. She tried to make it look like from you". It was pretty funny. Mom comes up a little later and wife says to her "thanks for the flowers" It was quite a moment. I got to play the "i told you so" card on that on.

In ending all this pointless nonsense, I went and ordered a neat flower arrangement to be delivered to my wife's work today. Should be interesting. Wish I could see here reaction. But sometimes you just have to step outside the box to show someone you care, right? But I'll bet she wont really believe it's from me until I have to tell her that it really is.