*** HB Misc Topic bullsh#t Thread ***

Get your team ready.

Three years later, the tournament is set to go in an altered form. The lead organizers, Vin Martelli and Jonathan Mugar, will later today unveil The Basketball Tournament, a 32-team five-on-five bracket with a $500,000 winner-take-all prize. The event will not be televised, though TBT may decide to live-stream the championship game, Mugar says. The lead investors have had ongoing talks with several national networks, and if the first tournament is a success, they will kick around the possibility of a future television deal or Internet-only broadcasting. But for now, they just want to see their vision play out from March through June. “This has been years in the making for us,” Mugar says.

Any legal U.S. resident over 18 can participate, though eligibility and contractual barriers would obviously bar active NCAA and NBA players from playing in a tournament for money. But part of the fun is seeing what kind of teams thoughtful folks put together. Royce White has expressed interest in forming a team, Mugar and Martelli say, though White hasn’t made a firm commitment yet. However, his impending 10-day contract with the Kings will put an end to that. Bob Hurley Sr., the legendary coach of St. Anthony’s High School in New Jersey, has already agreed to oversee a team of alumni players, he says. Terry Dehere, a St. Anthony’s grad and former Big East Player of the Year at Seton Hall, is organizing the group. If they win, the team will donate the prize money to the high school, Hurley says.

Get your team ready.

Three years later, the tournament is set to go in an altered form. The lead organizers, Vin Martelli and Jonathan Mugar, will later today unveil The Basketball Tournament, a 32-team five-on-five bracket with a $500,000 winner-take-all prize. The event will not be televised, though TBT may decide to live-stream the championship game, Mugar says. The lead investors have had ongoing talks with several national networks, and if the first tournament is a success, they will kick around the possibility of a future television deal or Internet-only broadcasting. But for now, they just want to see their vision play out from March through June. “This has been years in the making for us,” Mugar says.

Any legal U.S. resident over 18 can participate, though eligibility and contractual barriers would obviously bar active NCAA and NBA players from playing in a tournament for money. But part of the fun is seeing what kind of teams thoughtful folks put together. Royce White has expressed interest in forming a team, Mugar and Martelli say, though White hasn’t made a firm commitment yet. However, his impending 10-day contract with the Kings will put an end to that. Bob Hurley Sr., the legendary coach of St. Anthony’s High School in New Jersey, has already agreed to oversee a team of alumni players, he says. Terry Dehere, a St. Anthony’s grad and former Big East Player of the Year at Seton Hall, is organizing the group. If they win, the team will donate the prize money to the high school, Hurley says.

I wonder if Bruce Chubick is still available to play.

http://msn.foxsports...rterback-022714

Barry Switzer: "I've always said I'd never recruit a white quarterback. The only way I'd ever recruit a white quarterback to play for me was if his mom and daddy would have to both be black, and that's the only way I would do it."

Go home Barry, you're drunk.

Seriously, he probably was.

Who knew Troy Aikman was black? Or his mom and dad.......

From Wikipedia:

Oklahoma Sooners 1984-1985[edit]

The New York Mets offered Aikman a contract out of high school, but instead of playing baseball he chose to pursue football and attended the University of Oklahoma under head coach Barry Switzer.[5]

In 1985, his first season as a collegiate starter,[5] Aikman led the Sooners to wins over Minnesota, Kansas State, and #17 Texas in the Red River Shootout before hosting the Miami Hurricanes and his future head coach, Jimmy Johnson.

i could see telling you daughter that you settled, i mean family members should know. but you would have to emphatically explain to her that it stays in the family. jeez.

They probably did, but she's a 18 year old college student with a social media account...

i could see telling you daughter that you settled, i mean family members should know. but you would have to emphatically explain to her that it stays in the family. jeez.

They probably did, but she's a 18 year old college student with a social media account...

My mother won a settlement from one of her employers over 15 years ago. To this day I have no idea how much she was awarded. It's not that difficult to keep it under wraps.

Plus if your daughter is having psychological or emotional issues over the AMOUNT of the settlement, then you failed as a parent.