*** HB Misc Topic bullsh#t Thread ***

Driving home from the GF's around midnight last night, and noticed a car about 1/4 mile behind me. I turned from 56th onto Yankee Hill east bound, and the car followed. As I headed towards 70th the car comes roaring up behind me, he had to be doing 60+, he closed that gap in no time, he slammed on the brakes at the last second and got so close I could barley see his headlights in my rear-view (I thought he was going to pass me, that is how fast he came up on me). I slowed for the stop sign on 70th, signaled, stopped, turned south, and looked in my rear view to see if the dude was following, if so I was going to give him the road. Turns out it was an LPD cruiser, and he did a U-turn and headed back west (all directions except west from there are out of town as far as I know). I know they are on the look out for drunk drivers, but this is completely uncalled for, not to mention highly dangerous, someone that is a little more of a panicky driver could of stomped on the brakes causing an accident. LPD cops are OK for the most part, but doing crap like that is uncalled for... :madash

Driving home from the GF's around midnight last night, and noticed a car about 1/4 mile behind me. I turned from 56th onto Yankee Hill east bound, and the car followed. As I headed towards 70th the car comes roaring up behind me, he had to be doing 60+, he closed that gap in no time, he slammed on the brakes at the last second and got so close I could barley see his headlights in my rear-view (I thought he was going to pass me, that is how fast he came up on me). I slowed for the stop sign on 70th, signaled, stopped, turned south, and looked in my rear view to see if the dude was following, if so I was going to give him the road. Turns out it was an LPD cruiser, and he did a U-turn and headed back west (all directions except west from there are out of town as far as I know). I know they are on the look out for drunk drivers, but this is completely uncalled for, not to mention highly dangerous, someone that is a little more of a panicky driver could of stomped on the brakes causing an accident. LPD cops are OK for the most part, but doing crap like that is uncalled for... :madash

Yeah, I had a few run-ins with the LPD during my college days in Lincoln. And it's not like I'm a lawbreaker type or anything. Seems like those guys go out of their way to be jerks most of the time. Even if you're not breaking the law. But then if you report a crime to them--like your car getting broken into--they're like, "What, you expect us to do something?" :facepalm:

I decided to bring my stainless steel flask to work today, filled with sour mash. Just for entertainment purposes. It's only 9:30am and the damn thing is already empty.

Note to self: I need a bigger flask.

• Fire 1

I decided to bring my stainless steel flask to work today, filled with sour mash. Just for entertainment purposes. It's only 9:30am and the damn thing is already empty.

Note to self: I need a bigger flask.

I wish I could have your problem...Today has been one of those days that i just want to punch the next damn idiot that wants to tell me how to do my job.

Damn, this hurricane Sandy think is wreaking havoc on my home already. I got a houseful of relatives from Washington D.C. stranded due to canceled flights going into D.C. for a couple days. Glad to get back to work.

Don't get me wrong--it's not so bad having relatives around. Even though they did f#*k up my TV just minutes before the NU v. Michigan game. One of the relatives starts pushing buttons on the remote control in an attempt to turn the TV off when I walked into the other room for a few minutes (Why?? I dunno.). He just pushes random buttons on the remote until the screen goes blank. Had the damn system in some weird indeterminate state. It took ten minutes to get the TV/cable box to working again. Mild panic ensued on my part. But we got it back on, and I didn't miss the kick-off. So all was okay. Although I was just about ready to grab a wad of cash and head out to a sports bar---sans said relative.

• Fire 1

Some friends of mine and I ate at Shucks/Baby Blue/Dante's, back to back to back yesterday... Don't know why, but we did... I dont feel to well today..

Your post conjures up images of Peter Griffin and his group of fat guys. :lol:

• Fire 1

i did not know where else to ask this, but are propane fireplaces efficient? if you spend most of your time in the one room, is it better just to use the propane fireplace, or is it using a lot of energy for a little heat. it kicks out the heat with fans and seems to work well, but i am not sure how efficient it is? hoping someone here could help.