*** HB Misc Topic bullsh#t Thread ***

i did not know where else to ask this, but are propane fireplaces efficient? if you spend most of your time in the one room, is it better just to use the propane fireplace, or is it using a lot of energy for a little heat. it kicks out the heat with fans and seems to work well, but i am not sure how efficient it is? hoping someone here could help.

I haven't used a propane heater. But I have one of these electric radiator heaters in my office. LINK Doesn't seem to add much to the elec bill--but really, it's hard to say how much per month the thing costs. It's worth it though b/c my office is in an old, drafty building. It'd be pretty cold without it.

i did not know where else to ask this, but are propane fireplaces efficient? if you spend most of your time in the one room, is it better just to use the propane fireplace, or is it using a lot of energy for a little heat. it kicks out the heat with fans and seems to work well, but i am not sure how efficient it is? hoping someone here could help.

I haven't used a propane heater. But I have one of these electric radiator heaters in my office. LINK Doesn't seem to add much to the elec bill--but really, it's hard to say how much per month the thing costs. It's worth it though b/c my office is in an old, drafty building. It'd be pretty cold without it.

R-value plays a huge roll with cost efficiency and electric heaters. The small and mid-sized heaters are the ones that kill your electric bill. Propane would probably be better for you than an electric heater IMO.

R-value plays a huge roll with cost efficiency and electric heaters. The small and mid-sized heaters are the ones that kill your electric bill. Propane would probably be better for you than an electric heater IMO.

Yeah, I probly should buy a little indoor propane heater for my office. It's in an old two story brick tavern with rattly windows that don't do much to keep the cold out.

Yeah, I probly should buy a little indoor propane heater for my office. It's in an old two story brick tavern with rattly windows that don't do much to keep the cold out.

You'll like the propane heater over anything electric even if the price is a little off. The heat from anything electric is so dry. You should look into a wood burning stove. You'll love it. I don't know how big your office is but a buddy of mine has one for his garage and it's very efficient and not the type of heat that dries out the inside of your nose or makes your hands so dry that they crack. Another buddy has one of those cornfed heaters. Also very good heat but with corn prices, very expensive to run.

Anyone ever watch Hoarders?

It's one of those shows where you just can't look away. Also, it makes me pissed off at the general stupidity of humanity and makes me appreciate just how far the human race has gotten despite the best attempts of these f'ing assbags to ruin society for the rest of us. Social Darwinism FTW.

It's one of those shows where you just can't look away. Also, it makes me pissed off at the general stupidity of humanity and makes me appreciate just how far the human race has gotten despite the best attempts of these f'ing assbags to ruin society for the rest of us. Social Darwinism FTW.

i have not seen it. i do have like 83 episodes on my dvr, but i can not seem to delete them.

• Fire 3

i have not seen it. i do have like 83 episodes on my dvr, but i can not seem to delete them.

I see what you did there sd'

A little too drunk. A little too rough.

Oh come on man. You could embellish it a bit more than that, couldn't you? :lol:

I could, it would be lie though. Sad part is, my wife is 5 foot tall and weighs about 100lbs. Just a cheap bed frame. :D

Ha ha! That fact that she's 5 foot and 100 lbs AND you two broke the bed makes it all the more impressive. :clap

• Fire 1