*** HB Misc Topic bullsh#t Thread ***

Woman Carrying Skull on Stick Leads Police to Human Remains

Police in Sacramento say human remains were discovered after officers confronted a transient woman seen carrying a skull on a stick Wednesday. LINK

Now THAT is something you don't see every day. :lol:

Is that evidence of a monkey using tools or a monkey trained to a certain behavior? That video isn't proof of a monkey learning to use tools (as I've read around the internet). It's concerning that you can hear two humans chattering throughout the video. It's concerning that you can hear what sounds like another monkey doing the same thing to another nut in the background.

Clearly that isn't a monkey in the wild teaching itself how to use tools. It's clearly comfortable with humans in close proximity, and it clearly isn't cracking a ripe nut. That's a green nut, which a monkey wouldn't normally eat.

Interesting stuff, but not necessarily evidence of monkeys using tools like primitive humans as I've seen proclaimed on other sites.

Is that evidence of a monkey using tools or a monkey trained to a certain behavior? That video isn't proof of a monkey learning to use tools (as I've read around the internet). It's concerning that you can hear two humans chattering throughout the video. It's concerning that you can hear what sounds like another monkey doing the same thing to another nut in the background.

Clearly that isn't a monkey in the wild teaching itself how to use tools. It's clearly comfortable with humans in close proximity, and it clearly isn't cracking a ripe nut. That's a green nut, which a monkey wouldn't normally eat.

Interesting stuff, but not necessarily evidence of monkeys using tools like primitive humans as I've seen proclaimed on other sites.

Heh, I guess I just thought it *was* proof of a monkey using tools. But I hadn't really given it as much thought as you did in your post above. You make good points. Makes me wonder if these monkeys use tools in the wild.

I happened across the above youtube after reading a boingboing article LINK about the same kind of monkey purportedly trying to teach a human to crack a nut with a rock. It piqued my curiosity so I did a youtube search.

Cuz I have no life, I just managed to go all the way back to 2003 in the football forum. Back when everyone thought Callahan was a good hire and people thought we'd win nattys with him. Heh.

Then I went to 2007 when people rioted.

Hindsight man.

Look. Callahan was a bit of a refreshing change for some folks. i know there were skeptics from the get go. But like anything involving this sport, no one really knows what's gonna happen. the second you think you have this sport (or any sport involving human competition) figured out, it'll rare up and kick you in the balls. It can be very humbling. So to go back to that time and laugh and pull the "told you so" card is kinda bush league. Cuz after 2005 and 2006, I GUARANTEE that a great many of these told you so folks were starting to buy in. Thinkgin "eh, we might have something here". it's all hindsight. it was a refreshing change. obviusly it didnt work out. And it got to the point where no one liked where it was going. And that's fine. It's ok as a fan or as anyone, to change your path of support. That's why god gave us brains. To think for ourselves and adjust. I like Bo at one time too. Now I think he's nothing more than an immature pissy pants that doesnt have the temperment to coach 10 year olds, much less major college football

I remember the Spring Game when Callahan took over. Very first play, the Offense comes out in a Pro formation and the TE or WR or both shifted - and the crowd cheered. I can't remember the context of why they cheered, but it was loud and throughout the crowd and it was very odd that people would be that excited for a shift.

Cuz I have no life, I just managed to go all the way back to 2003 in the football forum. Back when everyone thought Callahan was a good hire and people thought we'd win nattys with him. Heh.

Then I went to 2007 when people rioted.

Hindsight man.

Look. Callahan was a bit of a refreshing change for some folks. i know there were skeptics from the get go. But like anything involving this sport, no one really knows what's gonna happen. the second you think you have this sport (or any sport involving human competition) figured out, it'll rare up and kick you in the balls. It can be very humbling. So to go back to that time and laugh and pull the "told you so" card is kinda bush league. Cuz after 2005 and 2006, I GUARANTEE that a great many of these told you so folks were starting to buy in. Thinkgin "eh, we might have something here". it's all hindsight. it was a refreshing change. obviusly it didnt work out. And it got to the point where no one liked where it was going. And that's fine. It's ok as a fan or as anyone, to change your path of support. That's why god gave us brains. To think for ourselves and adjust. I like Bo at one time too. Now I think he's nothing more than an immature pissy pants that doesnt have the temperment to coach 10 year olds, much less major college football

I'll admit I was a Cally supporter. The turning point for me was the Ball State game, which I attended in person. My girlfriend at the time asked me before the season what game I wanted to go to because her parents had tickets, I said "Ball State" because it was early in the year and should be an easy win.....we barely pulled that one. I recall the guy standing next to me looking at the stats board and shaking his head. Ball State had more than 700 yards of offense.

I think the team had given up the week before sometime during the USC game.

Edit: I guess it was 610 yards...still a lot though.