*** HB Misc Topic bullsh#t Thread ***

Skydiver to plummet to Earth with no parachute or wingsuit

There's a good reason people don't throw themselves out of airplanes without parachutes or wingsuits, and that's because it rarely ends well. Skydiver Luke Aikins will be hoping that tomorrow is one of the rare occasions where that's not the case, as he jumps 'chute- and 'suit-less from 25,000 ft (7,620 m).

The stunt, which is going by the name of "Heaven Sent," is said to be a first-of-its-kind. It will be the pinnacle of a 26-year career for the 42-year-old Aikins and will set a world record for the highest jump without a parachute or wingsuit.
"Everyone is calling this my 'coming-out jump', which is ironic considering I've been skydiving since the age of 16," says Aikins in a press release. "But nothing even comes remotely close to this. I expect Heaven Sent to change me, skydiving and the future of live spectacles forever."

That might be the craziest stunt I've ever heard of. Free fall is around 120mph. How does he plan on slowing down? Even if he slows to 80 mph somehow, and lands in water, he'll break a bunch of bones and probably drown.

But one man in Georgia has gone down a unique path that involved neither squandering on toys or success in the stock market. Instead, Ronnie Music Jr. took his $3 million dollar check from the Georgia Lottery and decided to invest in methamphetamine, federal prosecutors say. In terms of an investment, the New York Times called his business “thriving,” but after being caught with over $1 million worth of guns, drugs, and vehicles, Mr. Music is now facing amused contempt and jail time from justice department.

Just watched Jason Bourne.

I really didn't like it. I loved the first three. There was no background info on the new characters, no known motivation for anything they did.

Worse than that they used "shaky action camera" for the entire movie. Even when Bourne was on the phone or on the computer. There was a scene where I had to lean forward and strain my eyes to see the text on the phone because it was shaking back and forth. It sucked. When the camera wasn't shaking they were switching camera angles every 2 seconds. The previous movies didn't use it so excessively/exclusively. It was like they were trying to hide the fact that Matt Damon is older and slower by bouncing the camera around so much you can't see him.

Newlywed drowns in molasses just before his child’s due date

BY LISA GUTIERREZ Miami Herald AUGUST 4, 2016 1:46 PM

At work in Saugatuck, Mich., on the morning of July 26, Herweyer was helping to clean a 12-foot-tall plastic tank of molasses. When the level of the syrup got too low to pump out of the container, Herweyer climbed into the tank to adjust the valve, according to his boss.

Wow. Talk about a freak accident. :violin

But one man in Georgia has gone down a unique path that involved neither squandering on toys or success in the stock market. Instead, Ronnie Music Jr. took his $3 million dollar check from the Georgia Lottery and decided to invest in methamphetamine, federal prosecutors say. In terms of an investment, the New York Times called his business “thriving,” but after being caught with over $1 million worth of guns, drugs, and vehicles, Mr. Music is now facing amused contempt and jail time from justice department.

Buying and selling? Didn't he watch Breaking Bad?? You don't want anything to do with marketing in the meth industry. Too dangerous. Production is where it's at! :smokin

• Fire 1