*** HB Misc Topic bullsh#t Thread ***

383B94B300000578-3785064-image-a-3_14736

China Debuts World's Largest Bridge
Alexandra Suarez,International Business Times 6 hours ago
The massive structure stands at an impressive 565 meters (or 1,854 feet) above a valley gorge, with a 1,341-meter span (around 4,400 feet) and runs with four lanes. The bridge crosses directly above the Beipanjiang valley, BBC News reported. The bridge is now the tallest bridge erected since the Sidu River Bridge, located in the Hubei province of China, which stood at 1,500 feet.

Not sure I'd want to be on that thing in a windstorm. :lol:

• Fire 1

Debbie-Reynolds-Gene-Kelly-238484.jpg

"First of all, she gets really upset when I get called 'Carrie Fisher's daughter.' She wants people to call me 'Debbie Reynolds' granddaughter,'" Lourd told the late-night host. "It's very offensive to her. She does not like to be cut out — not at all. She started it. It's her fault."

Lourd explained that her whole family was apprehensive about her getting into acting — particularly Reynolds, who starred in iconic '50s and '60s films like The Unsinkable Molly Brown and Singin' in the Rain.

"She called me down to her house and had this binder of these diaries that she had written when she first started doing Singin' in the Rain. She sat me down on her couch and said, 'okay, I need you to read these, dear' — in her '50s actress voice," Lourd said. "I started reading them and they're all in second person. They are somewhere along the lines of, 'You're sitting in the makeup chair. It's five in the morning. They've pulled out all your eyebrows and you have no eyelashes left. Your hair is a shell of itself, and all you wanted to be is a gym teacher.' So, I read this out loud and kind of looked at her like, 'Okay…?'" LINK

That would be rough to lose both your mother and grandmother in consecutive days.

• Fire 1

We do an incredibly poor job practicing proper gun safety for being a country where a large portion of our citizens are gun enthusiasts,

I have relatives in my own family who own several guns and will routinely put them on kitchen counters or leave them in unlocked, unsafe places. They sometimes treat them as if it's just another thing to lay on the counter after the keys and cell phone.

A gun not in use should always be kept locked up and in a safe location away from younger children - no excuses.

guns.jpg

You just have to teach them proper gun safety at an early age. And if they don't listen you just punch them in the eye and head, like apparently happened to this little fellow. :lol:

/do I really need a sarcasm emoti here? Come on, man!

winter-storms-topple-iconic-pioneer-cabi

1,000-Year-Old Iconic California Tree Topples During Weekend Storms LINK

First time I saw a pic of that I wondered when it would fall. Now I know. Kinda sad. There aren't too many living things on earth that are 1,000 years old.

• Fire 3
Florida Maid of Honor Gets `Raging Drunk,` Ruins Wedding
A maid of honor at a wedding in Florida ruined her friend`s wedding after allegedly downing a bottle of Fireball and stealing the best man`s car.

Best quote from the video: "several guests helped wrestler her out of the car. The newlyweds say that's when Willis got violent, guzzled some Captain Morgan, and punched a guest."
Wow! That girl can party! :lol:
  • Fire 1