My prediction

mwj98

I like the post about sending WI back to the also-rans.

I think it's gonna be a dog fight. 23-17, a late score seals it for us.

This could be us setting up for the future where WE are the dominate force in the Legends. Win this game, we should be getting on a roll. Show the teams in the B1G that we are for real and our home atmosphere is a force.

It's a lot w all the recruits, national tv, revenge, alt unis, etc....

The glory of the win and what it means for the next few seasons is at stake. Truly, I think this is our arrival game into future success. I see a knock down drag out, with them the worse for wear.

We simply cannot lose this game. The crowd will be the difference and the players will feed off that to a tight win

I'll say Nebraska 38 - Wisconsin 20.

UCLA held our offense to 30 points, but we self destructed during the 2nd half. I don't see Wisconsin's defense being close to UCLA's defense. I also don't see us self-destructing in the 2nd half either.

It will be a slow start offensively for us, Wisconsin will stick around through halftime. By 2nd half adjustments by Wisconsin's defense won't hold up and our offense will pull us away. The Blackshirts will look ugly during the first half, against the run mostly. But Wisconsin will have to take shots through the air to try and catch up to our offense, Stave will make mistakes, mis-reads, whatever. He'll turn over the ball, either INT or fumble and it will roll downhill for the Badgers offensively.

Montee Ball, James White, and the new kid Melvin Gordon should rack close to 200 yards rushing against the defense. I'll give Montee Ball 2 rushing TDs and a pair of FGs to Wisconsin.

Our offensive line will give Martinez the time he needs and pick apart a shabby Wisconsin coverage, that ranks last in the Big Ten. Once we establish continuity through the air, look for the run game to open up later on. Martinez should throw close to 250 yds in this game with a pair of TDs. One to Kenny Bell, the other to Kyler Reed. Rex rushes for 125 yds with a TD. Wisconsin will also get a taste of Imani Cross, as he scores a TD. Abdullah will get a TD, but more on a return rather than a rush. I'll give Maher a FG, but he will be 1 of 2.

I've got a good feeling about Imani Cross in this game.... Its just a feeling, but I think we might turn to him, and I would expect him too deliver....

Don't get your hopes up. If this ends up being a close game, I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see Cross on the field at all.

After that lose at UCLA, and Cross not seeing the field, I would think Beck has smartened up enough to put him in, in those short 3rd down situations. Rex shouldn't have to take a beating for one yard or two, on all those type of downs. Cross moves the pile, use him.

GBR!!!

Nebraska 34

Wisconsin 21

I think when you factor in...

• The homecoming atmosphere
  • The alternate uniforms
  • The beating we took last year up in Madison
  • A redshirt freshman QB making his first road start
  • Montee Ball not playing like himself / not 100% healthy
  • How much their offense has plummeted since 2011
  • We've scored at least 30 points in every game so far this season (55 per game at home)

We have a lot to feel good about going into this game. I don't think Taylor has a huge game statistically through the air or on the ground, but I believe he'll learn from his mistakes last year and protect the football better as well as make better decisions. I feel like our running backs will carry us once again in this one. Rex has his 2012 coming out party and Braylon Heard also steps up big by showing off his speed.

I like your take. I mean, look at all of the trouble UCLA's freshman QB had against us. Wait, what.....