Trolling Wisky board

macroboy

Most of my friends (almost all pro-Wisky) are blaming the officials.

Now, as a Packer fan, I'd be a hypocrite to suggest there wasn't a time and place for that *coughSeattle* but that's some serious myopia goin' on.... I felt like they did Nebraska no favors at all tonight.

Packers were robbed and I'm a partial Seahawks fan (dad grew up in Seattle, I was a Largent/Zorn fan as a kid)

i like 'frasier'.

Now, as a Packer fan, I'd be a hypocrite to suggest there wasn't a time and place for that *coughSeattle* but that's some serious myopia goin' on.... I felt like they did Nebraska no favors at all tonight.

Packers were robbed and I'm a partial Seahawks fan (dad grew up in Seattle, I was a Largent/Zorn fan as a kid)

My two most favorite seahawks of all time. :thumbs

They're melting down, just like their Team did.

We (I) was doing the same thing most of the game. Luckily my brother was at the game and he said that he felt like in person, we were superior. That gave me hope. Knowing that "feeling". That if we could just put together a few good stops with a few good drives on offense, it could be done.

Here's my question on replays: I thought EVERY play was reviewed? How did some of our catches, their knee down etc not even be reviewed?? Never mind the pass interference, the block in the back et al that completely went against us during critical moments when the refs need to not determine the outcome?

We won that game, but of we lost it, sheeeeit, we would be soooo , meltdown

The fumble by Ball was a 1) bad handoff 2) our guy was in face so fast he wasn't able to concentrate on it 3) we would've stopped him anyway

They're melting down, just like their Team did.

We (I) was doing the same thing most of the game. Luckily my brother was at the game and he said that he felt like in person, we were superior. That gave me hope. Knowing that "feeling". That if we could just put together a few good stops with a few good drives on offense, it could be done.

Here's my question on replays: I thought EVERY play was reviewed? How did some of our catches, their knee down etc not even be reviewed?? Never mind the pass interference, the block in the back et al that completely went against us during critical moments when the refs need to not determine the outcome?

We won that game, but of we lost it, sheeeeit, we would be soooo , meltdown

"The fumble by Ball was a 1) bad handoff 2) our guy was in face so fast he wasn't able to concentrate on it 3) we would've stopped him anyway

1, 2 and 3. (all of the above) Ball was freaked by the run blitz right at him!!!

Tom Mulhern from the Wisconsin State Journal writes the following regarding the 4th and 1 play :

That’s when confusion set in.

Tailback Montee Ball wasn’t expecting a handoff, thinking it was going to be a bootleg, so he ended up fumbling after getting the ball from O’Brien.

“It was designed, the quarterback was supposed to pull it and run around the other side, so I wasn’t expecting the ball at all,” Ball said.

“I wasn’t looking at the handoff at all. I’m looking to dive over the pile to make a great fake and apparently the ball was in my hands.”

Ball said the play called was “lonesome,” which is a naked bootleg by the quarterback.

O’Brien said the confusion because of the look he got from the defense. He saw the cornerback and the safety to the outside, so he didn’t think he could run the bootleg.

“The confusion was whether it was an automatic keep, or the option to keep,” O’Brien said. “I think we saw a few times earlier in the game, they were crashing down on it. ... I just saw the corner and a safety wide, looking at me. I thought we were going to run the run.”

Even so, O’Brien took full responsibility for the miscue. “You can say anything you want but I think any time there is a miscommunication on that front, it falls on the quarterback,” he said. “I told Montee, I take 110 percent of the blame here.”

Read more: http://host.madison.com/sports/college/football/badgers-football-botched-fourth-down-play-seals-cornhuskers-rally-from/article_54f83928-09fa-11e2-9f70-001a4bcf887a.html#ixzz27wH3nHI4

I say our overpowering defense had the right play called and EXECUTED perfectly!!!

GO BIG RED!!!

My two most favorite seahawks of all time. :thumbs

Had a jersey with #80 on it and wanted one with #10. Lived in Seattle for about 10 years as a kid and never did get the chance to see a Seahawks game in the Kingdome. Watched the Mariners, Sounders and Sonic play in the Kingdome, but never the 'Hawks.

The defense in this game, reminded me of how the Black-Shirts of old used to play for 60 min, in that second half. That also used to have the offensive players fired up on the sidelines, encouraging the defense. Haven't seen that much the last few years. Need the team to be just as excited which ever group is on the field, no matter how its going. I knew or offense could score, and they did, but I put this win on the d's side of the board. Compton and Whaley stepped up, and Fisher gives it all he has. Good to see Rome ready to play, he showed the most emotion I have seen out of him and rest of the D, since last year.

GBR!!!

I went to a wisky board bc I wanted to see what they were saying about the 4th down play. Did you see on the replay that it looked like Ball didn't think he was supposed to get the carry?

Also, lots of insanity- people that think they still can win the BIG, complaining about the refs, headhunting coaches. A lot of what they said was weird and crazy to me/ Is that what we look like to outsiders?

it is a FAN message board, the term fan came from the word fanatical.. So yes, we are exactly the same way.

Tom Mulhern from the Wisconsin State Journal writes the following regarding the 4th and 1 play :

That’s when confusion set in.

Tailback Montee Ball wasn’t expecting a handoff, thinking it was going to be a bootleg, so he ended up fumbling after getting the ball from O’Brien.

“It was designed, the quarterback was supposed to pull it and run around the other side, so I wasn’t expecting the ball at all,” Ball said.

“I wasn’t looking at the handoff at all. I’m looking to dive over the pile to make a great fake and apparently the ball was in my hands.”

Ball said the play called was “lonesome,” which is a naked bootleg by the quarterback.

O’Brien said the confusion because of the look he got from the defense. He saw the cornerback and the safety to the outside, so he didn’t think he could run the bootleg.

“The confusion was whether it was an automatic keep, or the option to keep,” O’Brien said. “I think we saw a few times earlier in the game, they were crashing down on it. ... I just saw the corner and a safety wide, looking at me. I thought we were going to run the run.”

Even so, O’Brien took full responsibility for the miscue. “You can say anything you want but I think any time there is a miscommunication on that front, it falls on the quarterback,” he said. “I told Montee, I take 110 percent of the blame here.”

Read more: http://host.madison....l#ixzz27wH3nHI4

I say our overpowering defense had the right play called and EXECUTED perfectly!!!

GO BIG RED!!!

If it really was supposed to be a bootleg, they very easily get the first down... and more. We sold out to stop the run up the middle.