Name your new coach

Maybe we can get one of these guys...

Knute Rockne

Vince Lombardi

Bud Wilkinson

Bob Deveany

Think any of those guys would want the job?

Maybe, know a good necromancer?

If I did...

Here's a complete shot in the dark. What about Monte Kiffin? Since we're throwing out ridiculous names...

Can you pry him away from his son's ass.

I'm not going to even bother sifting through the previous four pages of this thread. If there were to ever come a day when Bo Pelini was no longer at Nebraska, be it that he continues to put out a lousy, self destructing product on the field for the remainder of the season and on in to next year with one of the easiest schedules in recent memory or that he just decides that Nebraska isn't the place for him, then my list would look a little something like this:

1. Chris Petersen - Boise

2. Chip Kelly - Oregon (that is, if he'd entertain the idea)

3. Art Briles - Baylor

4. Kyle Whittingham - Utah

5. John Gruden

6. Mike Leach - Washington State

7. Bobby Petrino

8. Dana Holgerson - West Virginia

9. Gary Patterson - TCU

I'm not going to even bother sifting through the previous four pages of this thread. If there were to ever come a day when Bo Pelini was no longer at Nebraska, be it that he continues to put out a lousy, self destructing product on the field for the remainder of the season and on in to next year with one of the easiest schedules in recent memory or that he just decides that Nebraska isn't the place for him, then my list would look a little something like this:

1. Chris Petersen - Boise

2. Chip Kelly - Oregon (that is, if he'd entertain the idea)

3. Art Briles - Baylor

4. Kyle Whittingham - Utah

5. John Gruden

6. Mike Leach - Washington State

7. Bobby Petrino

8. Dana Holgerson - West Virginia

9. Gary Patterson - TCU

The only ones on that list that I wouldn't be pissed about having are Gruden, Kelly, Petersen, Holgorsen, and Patterson. None of those would consider coming here.

Why do you people think Bo should be fired? Yes, he really needs to make some changes but he shouldn't be fired. If he doesn't make changes, and next year is more of the same, then he will be on the hot seat.

Because people the football gods demand a blood sacrifice.

Why do you people think Bo should be fired? Yes, he really needs to make some changes but he shouldn't be fired. If he doesn't make changes, and next year is more of the same, then he will be on the hot seat.

Because people the football gods demand a blood sacrifice.

Hell, I think he is acting like a child, at times, but even I don't think he should be fired.. yet. :)

Ok, I love Bo and giving up 63 to Ohio State pushed me to the brink, but personally if we were to have a head coaching vacancy my #1 guy would be Jack Del Rio, always liked the guy, good defensive mind, professional ties which seems to always help with recruiting. so my list would be

1. Del Rio

2. Craig Bohl

3.Burton Burns(Associate Head Coach and one hell of a recruiter

My list of realistic candidates in my opinion atleast, what do you guys think?

It's so obvious to me now. Landomatic.

Funny...and I haven't even weighed in on this thread. But thanks for the vote of confidence! :rolleyes:

Very unlikely that Bo's going anywhere this year (key words) from what I've seen.

He'll be out in a year or two, though and I suspect people's wish lists of candidates will look a lot different at that time.