My conclusions after thinking deep... (read all for good perspective))

thatguy

As I sat in the stands in the Alamo Bowl many many years ago, I remember thinking I want Interim HC Bo to be the next HC at Nebraska. It didn't happen then and now that he is I'm starting to regret it.

Hi, I want to be a part of this thread.

crazy_monkey.jpg

Interestingly, "singe" is French for monkey.

You lost me when you claimed TO never was blown out.

I couldn't read the rest without that comment sticking in my mind.

Like getting shut out by Arizona State and Jake Plummer in '96? or the '91 Citrus Bowl, 45 -21 loss to GT? or the 41-17 loss the year before to Florida State? or 23-3 loss to Miami the year before? Also the team was outside of the top 10 several times with TO even unranked a couple times.

How's about a 45-10 loss to an unranked Oklahoma 5 weeks prior to the Citrus Bowl.

As I sat in the stands in the Alamo Bowl many many years ago, I remember thinking I want Interim HC Bo to be the next HC at Nebraska. It didn't happen then and now that he is I'm starting to regret it.

So your regretting hiring a head coach, with no previous experience who is still learning? I wish I was like all these doubters who could do the job and take us to a championship game year 1. With an inexperienced coach, you take strides, and most of Husker fans wouldn't understand that. Quite embarrassing too, having Husker fans on public blogs crying and demanding the firing of their head coach, let alone demanding that your starting QB should be benched.

I don't regret it at all. Bo has the passion and the drive to do what is best for the program. Takes patience, and I don't think there is one coach who took their team to a National Title within their first 5 years, as their first HC'ing gig. If I am wrong, please let me know, but I have never heard, nor seen it.

So your regretting hiring a head coach, with no previous experience who is still learning? I wish I was like all these doubters who could do the job and take us to a championship game year 1. With an inexperienced coach, you take strides, and most of Husker fans wouldn't understand that. Quite embarrassing too, having Husker fans on public blogs crying and demanding the firing of their head coach, let alone demanding that your starting QB should be benched.

I don't regret it at all. Bo has the passion and the drive to do what is best for the program. Takes patience, and I don't think there is one coach who took their team to a National Title within their first 5 years, as their first HC'ing gig. If I am wrong, please let me know, but I have never heard, nor seen it.

If any, I think it may have been Larry Coker, in his 1st year at Miami in 2001.

Edit: Bob Stoops at OU in 2000. I know that was his 1st HC job. Nevertheless, it is a rare occurence that should never be compared to.

Edit: Bob Stoops at OU in 2000. I know that was his 1st HC job. Nevertheless, it is a rare occurence that should never be compared to.

delete

1990 was perhaps the only Osborne-coached team that ever phoned it in. After the CU loss, they were listless.

In the OU game, Mickey Joseph got thrown into a bench and broke his leg after he was waaaayyy out of bounds and they called nothing. It all kind of snowballed from that point. In the Citrus Bowl, they played what was probably the best team in the nation. That matchup shouldn't have happened. I'm still scratching my head about it.

How is this on topic? Well, in a 25 year career, that was the exception.

Under Pelini, that OU game happens once, sometimes twice in a year.

• Fire 2

delete.

I suppose this is like an editorial...

I’ve spent quite some time thinking about this. I’m not asking for Bo Pelini to be fired, but please read through my comments if you can to undersand what i am saying. It would be difficult and a shame and a disappointment to start over with the program.

At this point though, it’s safe to say there’s no difference between Callahan and Pelini (except maybe their records) – both are stubborn, blindly loyal to the point of failure, have Everest sized egos, refuse to fit the scheme to the players, and have pretty much shown themselves to be clueless. The only difference is that Callahan was supposed to be an offensive genius, while Bo is supposed to be a defensive genius. Also, Bo seems to be doing well to preserve Nebraska’s tradition, except when it comes to winning.

Sorry, once I read that part, I pretty much figured it wasn't worth it past that point...

1990 was perhaps the only Osborne-coached team that ever phoned it in. After the CU loss, they were listless.

In the OU game, Mickey Joseph got thrown into a bench and broke his leg after he was waaaayyy out of bounds and they called nothing. It all kind of snowballed from that point. In the Citrus Bowl, they played what was probably the best team in the nation. That matchup shouldn't have happened. I'm still scratching my head about it.

How is this on topic? Well, in a 25 year career, that was the exception.

Under Pelini, that OU game happens once, sometimes twice in a year.

No one said it wasn't the exception. The original post said it never happend. Which is not a true statement. I was at the 89 Orange Bowl and watched that 23-3 game. That was a complete destruction. It was worse than anything you saw Saturday night because Nebraska was completely outclassed talent wise. There was nothing they could do. Nebraska lost to OSU but had there chances if they didn't turn the ball over or if the defense gets even just a couple of stops in the second half