First Half MVP

knapplc

Maybe not MVP, but another guy who deserves some love is Justin Jackson. He hadn't ever played on offense until this spring. Stepped in at center--a HUGE position of need for us--and has been real solid. Really helped shore up a questionable O-line.

I do concur. Gave ya a +1 for pointing that out.

MVP=Most Valuable Player. In other words, where would we be without such guy? Hence, Taylor Martinez. No matter what the pre-conceived TaylorHaters say.

I'm not sure here. I don't know that we would be any different (record wise) without Taylor. Thats not a reflection on him at all, just the fact that games we've won I think we would have won with either of the other QB's under center. The Wisconsin game is the only game I can think of that may have had a different outcome without him (and who knows, without his fumble, maybe we are not in comeback mode).

I'm not dissing on TM here at all, I think he has made strides and is far from our biggest concern, I just am not sure he would be our MVP at this point. I think with Rex dinged up, I have to agree with Ameer. I don't know that Heard is ready to be an everydown back yet, and I think we could have been in trouble with out Abdullah.

MVP=Most Valuable Player. In other words, where would we be without such guy? Hence, Taylor Martinez. No matter what the pre-conceived TaylorHaters say.

I'm not sure here. I don't know that we would be any different (record wise) without Taylor. Thats not a reflection on him at all, just the fact that games we've won I think we would have won with either of the other QB's under center. The Wisconsin game is the only game I can think of that may have had a different outcome without him (and who knows, without his fumble, maybe we are not in comeback mode).

I'm not dissing on TM here at all, I think he has made strides and is far from our biggest concern, I just am not sure he would be our MVP at this point. I think with Rex dinged up, I have to agree with Ameer. I don't know that Heard is ready to be an everydown back yet, and I think we could have been in trouble with out Abdullah.

You really think we pull that Wisconsin game out without Martinez? I'd agree on all the rest, but I don't agree at all with the Wisconsin game. Anybody but TM back there at QB and we're 3-3.

You really think we pull that Wisconsin game out without Martinez? I'd agree on all the rest, but I don't agree at all with the Wisconsin game. Anybody but TM back there at QB and we're 3-3.

Yeah, thats what I said, the Wisconsin game was the one I wasn't sure of, I don't know on the outcome there if he wasn't in there. But again, one of the fumbles that gave them a short field was his, so that has to be taken into account also. He did have an awfully good second half that night though.

I really didn't want to turn this into a TM thread, just saying why I thought the way I did. Also for Abdullah, the return yardage has been a pretty big factor.

If we could win any of our games without tmart, I could say the same thing replacing Ameer with Heard.

Fact is, both are very valuable.

That goes without saying, but the thread is asking who you think is the team's MVP at this point. I think it's Ameer, junior4949 votes for TM, but I think we would both agree they are both very valuable. By the way, I don't think at this point Heard can physically handle 25 carries a game, just not big enough (and I could be 100% completely wrong there and he might turn out to get better the more carries he gets, who knows)