*****Official Northwestern Game Discussion Thread*****

Haspula

I'd like to note that Beck called a simple run up the gut on this play instead of "getting cute". So the next time we call a pass on 3rd & 2, remember that ;)

It's not the play, it's the personnel. Cross woulda been better there in that situation..

It's the offensive line.

I don't think it's as simple as any one issue. NW looked like they really sold out to stop the quick run up the middle this time. So it could be the playcall not being the right one at the right time. Those things are so hard to say though. Hard to play judgmental armchair playcaller :P

If this program is going to get back to where it wants to be (conference championships, occasionally getting into the national title conversation), then our offensive line has to be DOMINANT, especially against a team like NW. It's nowhere close right now.

I'd like to note that Beck called a simple run up the gut on this play instead of "getting cute". So the next time we call a pass on 3rd & 2, remember that ;)

It's not the play, it's the personnel. Cross woulda been better there in that situation..

It's the offensive line.

I don't think it's as simple as any one issue. NW looked like they really sold out to stop the quick run up the middle this time. So it could be the playcall not being the right one at the right time. Those things are so hard to say though. Hard to play judgmental armchair playcaller :P

If this program is going to get back to where it wants to be (conference championships, occasionally getting into the national title conversation), then our offensive line has to be DOMINANT, especially against a team like NW. It's nowhere close right now.

Oh so true.