Nebraska opens at 1.5 pt favs. Now up to 3 point favs.

I know the game is at home and Michigan is not playing that well, but I'm surprised Nebraska is favored.

What I think is more surprising is that the moving line says more money has been put on Nebraska. Do that many people really think we are going to win?

Any time a line seems too good to be true it usually is, keep that in mind

Ohio State sure wasn't too good to be true, nor was a +6.5 Northwestern.

UCLA was way too good to be true, and the Northwestern one would have been wrong if one of about a dozen crucial mistakes weren't committed.

I sincerely did not expect a win vs. NW based solely on our inability to stop the spread / mobile QB. We couldn't stop them last year, and this year we have been worse, so getting the win is a pleasant surprise despite how ugly we played. The MICH game feels like MSU, last year. from the outside it looks like an easy bet on MICH, but by sheer dumb luck we will probably play mistake free football and finally play well.

I think it will be a close game but we should win at home. Any idea if what the TV coverage map will be? i sure hope i dont get stuck watching the Notre Dame vs Oklahoma game being outside of Nebraska

If the game isn't on ABC, then it will be on ESPN 2. The Big 10 TV deal stipulates a reverse mirror for all games, IIRC.

Plus, let's be honest--Nebraska is a better TV draw than Notre Dame, as was proven time and again during the realignment discussions years back. No way the Nebraska/Michigan game won't be available to everyone.

Remember, the spread isn't about predicting a winner as much as it is attracting the right balance of money.

And I'm still wondering what Vegas sees in Nebraska.

Which would make me want to bet the house on Michigan. Except this will be the game - as dictated by the law of averages - where Nebraska puts a complete game together.

Michigan could be last year's Michigan State game. Which means we then go out an lose to Michigan State.

This is the long way of saying I'm not putting any money on the game.

http://www.huskermax...nu_stats12.html

Stat match up is pretty evenly matched.

I overlook that NEB has the best rushing offense in the B1G, and 10th nationally. Those stats aren't too bad.

We were 5th in the nation before the NW game.

We tied for 2nd in the nation at Rush yards per attempt and only .1 yard behind #1 :)

Thats the number I care about more than total rushing yards lol

http://espn.go.com/college-football/statistics/team/_/stat/rushing/sort/yardsPerRushAttempt

If the game isn't on ABC, then it will be on ESPN 2. The Big 10 TV deal stipulates a reverse mirror for all games, IIRC.

Plus, let's be honest--Nebraska is a better TV draw than Notre Dame, as was proven time and again during the realignment discussions years back. No way the Nebraska/Michigan game won't be available to everyone.

I hate to even type this, but Notre Dame has major national appeal.

#5 ND vs #8 Oklahoma is way more alluring to a network than an unranked Nebraska vs #22 Michigan.

Sucks. But it's true.

I hate to even type this, but Notre Dame has major national appeal.

#5 ND vs #8 Oklahoma is way more alluring to a network than an unranked Nebraska vs #22 Michigan.

Sucks. But it's true.

I think they reviews would be pretty even, but this stat would be nice to see after this weekend.

http://www.huskermax...nu_stats12.html

Stat match up is pretty evenly matched.

I overlook that NEB has the best rushing offense in the B1G, and 10th nationally. Those stats aren't too bad.

We were 5th in the nation before the NW game.

We tied for 2nd in the nation at Rush yards per attempt and only .1 yard behind #1 :)

Thats the number I care about more than total rushing yards lol

http://espn.go.com/c...sPerRushAttempt

Our strength of schedule is ranked a bit higher (t-14 vs t-46) as well. Hopefully that helps us.