Next Season

PIMPLE

I think we end this season 9-3 and win the Big10 championship game over Wisconsin. I think we get lucky and Oregon plays in the national championship....USC has Kiffen so they lose to UCLA and we will play UCLA in the Rose bowl.

Next season is the last season of the one game title. I just think we will have a real hard time winning a national championship where we would have to win 2 games like beat Oregon/LSU and then beat Alabama/Florida. So next season thanks to a very easy looking schedule will be our best shot at the national championship for a long time. To be honest i think UCLA will be our toughest opponent....beat them and i think we have a chance at making a run at the title.

Where am i wrong on this post??

I think we end this season 9-3 and win the Big10 championship game over Wisconsin. I think we get lucky and Oregon plays in the national championship....USC has Kiffen so they lose to UCLA and we will play UCLA in the Rose bowl.

Next season is the last season of the one game title. I just think we will have a real hard time winning a national championship where we would have to win 2 games like beat Oregon/LSU and then beat Alabama/Florida. So next season thanks to a very easy looking schedule will be our best shot at the national championship for a long time. To be honest i think UCLA will be our toughest opponent....beat them and i think we have a chance at making a run at the title.

The first line. For us to make it to the CCG game at 9-3, it means we beat UM, lose to someone, and UM loses to somebody else. Not likely.

The first line. For us to make it to the CCG game at 9-3, it means we beat UM, lose to someone, and UM loses to somebody else. Not likely.

Its very possible for us to make it to the CCG. We beat Michigan and win out, its ours. Biggest obstacle after Michigan, will be PSU.

Michigan still has to play OSU.

i cannot nail down who this team is week to week. except to say that our offense is pretty good, we have scored on everyone we've played.

our turnovers and penalties kill us.

so, to say ANY game is going to be the hardest or easiest discounts that we could turn the ball over 4 times and have 85yds in penalties on any given day.

until I personally see us go 3-4-5 weeks in a row with no turnovers and few penalties, i'm going to assume every game will be difficult. Winnable, but difficult

i cannot nail down who this team is week to week. except to say that our offense is pretty good, we have scored on everyone we've played.

so, to say ANY game is going to be the hardest or easiest discounts that we could turn the ball over 4 times and have 85yds in penalties on any given day.

until I personally see us go 3-4-5 weeks in a row with no turnovers and few penalties, i'm going to assume every game will be difficult. Winnable, but difficult

Unfortunately, this is exactly true. I'm just hoping/begging that we play a complete game this Saturday.

UCLA made more mistakes and had some pretty bad calls along with them shooting themselves in the foot about 5 times. Just saying they screwed up or got screwed more than us in that game. Yet i always see Husker fans acting like we blew that game....They beat us soundly and should have won by alot more. I think they are going to be like Washington where we play them 3 times in 2 seasons. They looked alot better last time i watched them play. We either go undefeated next year or 11-1 with the loss being to UCLA for the third time in 2 seasons.

Unfortunately, this is exactly true. I'm just hoping/begging that we play a complete game this Saturday.

We will need to because this will be the best defense we have played (both athletically and coached). Doesn't bode well for us to score as easily as in the past games.

In fact, I'd take our average score right now and hope the D can untie shoelaces enough to keep them under.......

I am confused, how do we play UCLA 3 times in two years. Are you predicting them to win out and win the Pac 12 this year, next year, and we win the Big this or next.

Neither are likely.

We just played them and we play them in Lincoln next year.

If we make the rose bowl this season there's a real chance we would play UCLA if Oregon makes the national championship game.

Arizona State is a pretender not a true contender so assuming Oregon beats USC (UCLA doesn't play Oregon this year) the south division will be decided by whoever wins the USC at UCLA game.

I am confused, how do we play UCLA 3 times in two years. Are you predicting them to win out and win the Pac 12 this year, next year, and we win the Big this or next.

Neither are likely.

Well we play them twice for sure, and if Oregon plays in the national championship game there is a good chance UCLA will win their division since USC has Kiffen. UCLA dont even have to be the second best PAC team cause Oregon state will probably have a better record but they are in the same division as Oregon so UCLA just has to beat USC.

Watched the USC/Washington game and UCLA would beat that team. Don't underestimate Kiffen...he could take a team of Alabama's defense from last year and Oregons offense and lose 3-4 games.

In 09 when we lost to Texas in the Big 12 title game and they went to the national title game, we didn't go to the Fiesta Bowl just because we lost the conference title game.

UCLA isn't going to the Rose Bowl. Even if Oregon goes to the national title game, and UCLA somehow manages to make and lose the Pac 12 title game, UCLA won't be in the Rose Bowl. If Oregon goes to the national title game the Pac 12 might not even be in the Rose Bowl. You have to be ranked in the top 14 to be picked at large, and I really doubt that will happen, especially with a loss to Oregon in the conference title game. Plus at large bids will be fewer this year since Boise St or Ohio will get one if they get to the top 16, and Notre Dame will also get one if they stay in the top 8.