Blackshirts

The Dude

Interesting. Bo said he wanted to hand them out last week, but the team didn't want them yet. Said they hadn't earned them. Just heard that in the post game interview - interesting tidbit.

Edit - f'ing ninja'd!

I love this team! :) Seriously, how can that not get you pumped.

Anyway, heading out of town on O St, and hearing Bo explain the refusal of the blackshirts by the players all but brought a tear to my eye. It's hard to put into words but it's the special things like this that make this place great. Bo's getting it. The players getting it. He's in the process of building something long term here. I keep saying and I keep getting told I have blinders and Bo aint the man for the job and this and that. Bo cant coach defense anymore or make adjustments, too stubborn derpa derpa. Well, for one week now, the Bo nay sayers can just suck it.

Interesting. Bo said he wanted to hand them out last week, but the team didn't want them yet. Said they hadn't earned them. Just heard that in the post game interview - interesting tidbit.

Edit - f'ing ninja'd!

That is so bad ass.

I like the way Bo handles the Blackshirt situation. I'm fine with the players "earning" them. I just hope we get to the point where we don't have to hand them out this late in the season.

Agreed on being late in the season to hand out the Blackshirts. That honestly falls on the defense. If the defense wants the Blackshirts early, they gotta play like they want them early.

I really like how the defense turned down the Blackshirts until they beat Michigan. That shows me they believe in the coaching staffs agenda of earning the blackshirts on the field, not just getting them handed to you before the season starts.

It is so sweet seeing the kids on D getting their blackshirts after the game! :D :D Had to be a very good recruiting tool infront of the recruits!

Kind of amazing how this team/Bo looked to be on the ropes after the tOSU game and we just stewed during the bye week. The team has come out and posted back-to-back wins over quality opponents with good to very good defensive production. We are now looking more like the Huskers we invisioned! I'm sure Bo and staff slept with a little smile on their faces tonight.

I love the fact that they got the BLACKSHIRTS they deserve after the last couple of games...but lets hope that they keep them for the rest of the year

It was nice to hear that the D was taking responsibility and not wanting to take the blackshirts after one good game. I hope that they continue to play well especially since we are done with any real threats at the QB position running wise.

Our defense has come a long way this season. I think the big thing that we finally accomplished last night was forcing some freaking turnovers. Some landed in our lap yes, but we finally took advantage of their presents. That hasn't really been the case this season and I was so happy to see that we finally took what was right in front of us.

If our defense plays the rest of the year like they did last night we will be heavy favorites in every game from here on out.

Nice win, no doubt, not sure about blackshirts though. I would feel a lot better about the win if Denard had played the entire game and that bench warmer had not come in and played like a high school freshman. I was fully expecting another mobile QB having a feast on our D but they did a good job on him while he was in the game.