What did we learn?

MLB 51

We learned the number of active posters on Huskerboard this week will be much lower without all the trolls who only come around after a close win/loss.

No, they'll still be here. They'll just troll the long time posters instead of the team is all.

And I learned that for the second week in a row, our team has a penchant for making what should be an easy win difficult.

And by all rights, Meatchicken State should be an easy win...so...

That while we got lucky for the 2nd year in a row in a running QB getting knocked out for the game, our defense was absolutely stellar.

Our offense really grinded out a win where they didn't play there best but closed it down in the 4th.

Our defense actually caught the ball including a highlight inducing catch by SJB.

The offense misses Burkhead, but Abdullah can grind out those tough yards. Also our other RBs need to be worked a little more.

I learned that we were the better team, with or without Denard Robinson on the field.

That the refs blow. Not only against us, but in general.

That this defense is capable of stopping mobile QBs.

And my gripe of the game:

I learned that Tim Beck is still learning on the job. It has become apparent this year to me that he does not know how to run the ball effectively throughout the game without Rex. This has to change. When we did run the ball today, they weren't quick-hitter runs. Not only that, our runs were too predictable. I want us to add a couple of RB counter plays to the playbook. They are effective but subtle misdirection plays.

• Fire 1