What did we learn?

MLB 51

I learned that Taylor Martinez is a man!

I learned that PJ Smith isn't as fast as he should be!

I learned that our WRs could have made this night easier(JT and Quincy)

I learned that it takes us 8 games to figure out what we already knew we needed to get better at on D!

I learned that we will never return another punt this year!

I learned that Bo Pelini has to scream cause its so loud!

I learned that this win means nothing if we don't win next week!

I learned that Caine Mutiny needs to take a self imposed week off from HB!

I learned that Emart is a MAN!

I learned that Sean Fischer is still on this team!

I learned that Kenny Bell is gonna play in the NFL for 10 yrs!

I learned that colorado should drop football and start a curling program.

I learned that TM is a man!

I learned that if the whole team wanted it as bad as TM we would be world beaters!

I learned that nothing, for better or worse, beats being a husker fan! chuckleshuffle

+1 +1 +1 +1

I learned that Taylor is everybit the player some have thought he was. Pain is something this kid just puts away.

I am just checking in again for my serving of crow.

Great game Huskers, wish I could have seen it all, but seems like a lot of happy campers here so it must have been pretty good.

Great win for the Huskers, now we just need to do it a few more times.

I learned that Taylor is everybit the player some have thought he was. Pain is something this kid just puts away.

I am just checking in again for my serving of crow.

Great game Huskers, wish I could have seen it all, but seems like a lot of happy campers here so it must have been pretty good.

Great win for the Huskers, now we just need to do it a few more times.

Game is set to replay on ESPN2 at 1:30am

Anyone think this is a different game with D-Rob in it?

yep... it would have been different with burkhead in it as well. if you run your QB a lot(he was on pace for over 20 carries... taylor only had 14 in the game) he will get hurt sooner or later. you better make those runs count and you better have a good Backup.

I learned that Santos is going to be a solid LB for us in the next few years.

And was it just me or was the crowd not into the game? Sounded pretty quiet on TV

It did sound quiet.

I read through all the posts, and had comment on this. Sorry, it was not quiet. There were no stadium shaking plays maybe, but everyone and I mean everyone were on their feet yelling/clapping/waving towels/screaming etc for 20 rows in every direction around us. And that was just our 20 rows. It was rowdy. Trust me.

And was it just me or was the crowd not into the game? Sounded pretty quiet on TV

It did sound quiet.

I read through all the posts, and had comment on this. Sorry, it was not quiet. There were no stadium shaking plays maybe, but everyone and I mean everyone were on their feet yelling/clapping/waving towels/screaming etc for 20 rows in every direction around us. And that was just our 20 rows. It was rowdy. Trust me.

That's good to hear. On tv the stadium sounded really quiet.

I know the outcome, so not much into rewatching them. I do not break down film like some of you guys.

Happy with the results, about the happiest I have been in honesty. We beat someone most thought we wouldn't(including me) and we did it sounds halfway correctly. Improvement is always needed, Saben says his team sucks half the time.

This program really needed this win. I said it was a must win, still believe it was. Next week we need the win for sure, but it is not a must win. This win will give people hope that we are on the right path, that Bo is learning as a Head Coach, possilby addapting some.

I am not much on the win/loss deal, want the wins, but live with the losses, more about doing things right. If we are good enough to win thats fine, some one better beats us, not good but I can deal with it. Beating ourselves, looking like we do not belong, those things I can not handle very well. To me Bo made a step forward today. I heard he got a little crazy on the sideline, but I think it was deserved.

^^

I'm a big critic of the jumbotron and all the "noise" that comes out of it wasting fans effort to be in the games. Tonight, it was at a minimum and I'll say the north stadium stood up, no one told us to sit down, was loud, and generally seemed like a rough environment.

What did we learn? That sometimes, despite all bitching, that we have a pretty good team.

I don't give a rats butt--even if shoelace plays the whole game--the Cornhuskers came out tonight and played to win the game. We actually dominated that game on O and D. They had less than 190 yds!!

Our O struggled in the red zone but when it mattered and when we needed it, we got what we needed when we needed it!

We won that game and we deserved to win it. Santos, Whaley, Martin, Baker, Martinez, Ameer, Bell--shoot every group played well.

Celebrate this Cornhusker fans. It was a good win

The crowd was loud, but not as loud as you would expect for this game.

However, I think this is okay - here's the thing, crowd noise is highly dependent on the flow of the game. The simple truth is that the crowd didn't NEED to be outrageously loud..we were in control of that game. If we would have been down or in a closer or highly contested game, it would have turned up a few levels. Case in point - those two, wait no three, garbage penalties on Michigan's "drive" put us into quite the frenzy when the defense needed us to and we had gotten pissed off enough.

Didn't read through all the thread but he is what I learned:

1- It's our 8th game of the season. We always win the 8th game of the season.

2. Tmart did just enough.

3. Ameer fills in nicely

4. Eric martin a beast

5. Nice D tonight. We would have won by the same amount, maybe more if Dennard didn't get hurt. Really, this is game 8 and good things happen in the 8th game

6. But then it was kind of bland. I can say I have no idea what next week's game plan will be as we are gelatinous and every week we start over from ground zero.

7. Maher is coming around

8. night

It did sound quiet.

That's good to hear. On tv the stadium sounded really quiet.

There was a point in the game where on tv you could hear someone say the word F#$% in the close vacinity of a live mic. I think they turned off the sideline microphones after that happened.