What did we learn?

MLB 51

The flag was mostly about Bo coming out on the field to scream at the ref albeit briefly. Refs don't want to be shown up their job is hard enough the way it is. They have to maintain control.

As a coach you cannot ask players to keep their cool and be smart when you(the coach) cannot be smart. It's all about demonstrating leadership otherwise it's lip service. To get a 15 yard flag flag on the bench is UNACCEPTABLE. Talk about mental mistakes.

As a former football player I loved it when my coach(es) went to bat for me when the ref did something obviously stupid. Our guys played with more fire (until last couple weeks) before the 2010 A&M bs than they have since under this new so-called "calm" Bo. This argument can go both ways. As far as a flag on the bench, that was jumping the gun on that too. At that point they were just looking for reasons

Brady Hoke is really fat, and getting bigger. That is all.

I don't really see Cross as a battering ram. Not yet anyways. He's still too tentative and he runs too upright to be a battering ram. He definitely has the size, and I hope his carries increase dramatically. A lot of that will come with experience.

If we had Burkhead, that "drive" probably ends in a touchdown.

Yep, he's too indecisive right now. I like Heard a lot more than him at this point and would like to see him get some more touches. Hopefully he's not hurt

We can blitz very effectively! We looked well prepared blitzing so I suspect that was the plan for the second half-irregardless of which qb was in. Since it was working well against Bellomy, we probably blitzed more than if Robinson stayed in. I've watched Robinson throwing picks under pressure in other games so I think the outcome would be about the same. Bo's comment after the game that we didn't make that big of adjustments after Robinson went out is consistent with this.

Beck is achieving his goal of getting the offense balanced.

1. Michigan has a very good defense, especially up front.

2. Regardless or turnovers (still turnovers but, it wasn't just flat out dropping the ball like it has been) and penaties (some I don't agree with) Nebraska played a very solid game

3.Even if Robinson doesn't go out chances are Neb. still wins a tighter game and Fat Hoke and the Maize crew may be in trouble once the speed that Rich Rod recruited is gone.

4. People need to lay off Tim Beck, this isn't the Big 12, other teams actuallly play defense and we're not the only ones that have struggled moving the ball on Michigan.

5. People need to lay off Bo Pelini, when the defense executes they play very solid regardless of the lack of speed they have.

4. People need to lay off Tim Beck, this isn't the Big 12, other teams actuallly play defense and we're not the only ones that have struggled moving the ball on Michigan.

I'm gonna nitpick here, but does anyone else remember the play where Taylor followed Ameer out of the shotgun on what appeared to be a designed QB draw to the outside right and lost ~3 yards?

Seemed like a very odd call to me. Obviously getting Taylor to the edge is a good thing, but following Ameer? And Michigan just flat out strung him out, contained him, and we lost good yardage on the play.

Beck has taken big, big steps forward this year as a playcaller, but it would still be great to eliminate some of these "WTF" plays.

I learned that Santos is going to be a solid LB for us in the next few years.

And was it just me or was the crowd not into the game? Sounded pretty quiet on TV

It did sound quiet.

I read through all the posts, and had comment on this. Sorry, it was not quiet. There were no stadium shaking plays maybe, but everyone and I mean everyone were on their feet yelling/clapping/waving towels/screaming etc for 20 rows in every direction around us. And that was just our 20 rows. It was rowdy. Trust me.

It was probably the most electric atmosphere I've witnessed at Memorial Stadium. Granted, the strip on 4th down against Wisconsin and the two game ending plays against Colorado in '08 were way LOUDER, but overall throughout the game, last night was by far the most consistently electric I've witnessed. I felt it before the game, and was worried that the energy was sucked out after Allen's injury, but it came right back.

Gave me goosebumps almost all night.

We can blitz very effectively! We looked well prepared blitzing so I suspect that was the plan for the second half-irregardless of which qb was in. Since it was working well against Bellomy, we probably blitzed more than if Robinson stayed in. I've watched Robinson throwing picks under pressure in other games so I think the outcome would be about the same. Bo's comment after the game that we didn't make that big of adjustments after Robinson went out is consistent with this.

:moreinteresting

• Fire 1

:moreinteresting

Haha! That always bothers me too.

• Fire 1

We have now beat each of the big boyz int the Big10 in our first 2 years. I liked the the offense did well against the number 10 d in the country the D did a great job aginst the healthy Denard. I was a bit concerned the the run game took so long to get going.

It's kind of bizarre how each of our Big Ten results from last year have been reversed this year. Let's hope that doesn't continue to happen during the next four weeks!

I'm gonna nitpick here, but does anyone else remember the play where Taylor followed Ameer out of the shotgun on what appeared to be a designed QB draw to the outside right and lost ~3 yards?

Seemed like a very odd call to me. Obviously getting Taylor to the edge is a good thing, but following Ameer? And Michigan just flat out strung him out, contained him, and we lost good yardage on the play.

We've also gained positive yardage on the same play numerous times in the last 2 games. Wasn't Taylor's long 4th quarter run that same play? Or something similar?