What did we learn?

MLB 51

4. People need to lay off Tim Beck, this isn't the Big 12, other teams actuallly play defense and we're not the only ones that have struggled moving the ball on Michigan.

I'm gonna nitpick here, but does anyone else remember the play where Taylor followed Ameer out of the shotgun on what appeared to be a designed QB draw to the outside right and lost ~3 yards?

Seemed like a very odd call to me. Obviously getting Taylor to the edge is a good thing, but following Ameer? And Michigan just flat out strung him out, contained him, and we lost good yardage on the play.

Beck has taken big, big steps forward this year as a playcaller, but it would still be great to eliminate some of these "WTF" plays.

My nitpick of Beck is his penchant for calling the corner fade in the endzone. (last week at NW and last night against Michigan). That is a pretty difficult play for even NFL QB's to master consistently.

Otherwise, kudos to Beck for showing demonstrable improvement.

4. People need to lay off Tim Beck, this isn't the Big 12, other teams actuallly play defense and we're not the only ones that have struggled moving the ball on Michigan.

I'm gonna nitpick here, but does anyone else remember the play where Taylor followed Ameer out of the shotgun on what appeared to be a designed QB draw to the outside right and lost ~3 yards?

Seemed like a very odd call to me. Obviously getting Taylor to the edge is a good thing, but following Ameer? And Michigan just flat out strung him out, contained him, and we lost good yardage on the play.

Beck has taken big, big steps forward this year as a playcaller, but it would still be great to eliminate some of these "WTF" plays.

My nitpick of Beck is his penchant for calling the corner fade in the endzone. (last week at NW and last night against Michigan). That is a pretty difficult play for even NFL QB's to master consistently.

That was a perfectly placed ball. If Turner doesn't lose it in the lights, he scores his first collegiate TD.

That was a perfectly placed ball. If Turner doesn't lose it in the lights, he scores his first collegiate TD.

I can't frickin' believe he hasn't scored a TD yet. Never would have even crossed my mind, but now that you mention it I don't remember him getting any.

I can't frickin' believe he hasn't scored a TD yet. Never would have even crossed my mind, but now that you mention it I don't remember him getting any.

Can't be totally true.............he's got a kid.........

New to the board but here is what I learned:

Defense looks great against a team who has lost 65% of their offense and replaces it with a freshman who has 1 career completion.

I learned that we still have way too many penalties, a Pelini trademark, I think 8 major penalties last night

Too many giveaways

I learned we still need a new offensive line coach

I know we can't control Robinson getting hurt, but beating UM without him is probably not a great accomplishment. Just think about how OSU looks without Miller or us without Martinez

I learned that I just can't figure out how the internet genius crowd rates JT as J. Rodgers x10. It seems I'm always seeing him...

1. Running the wrong route

2. dropping easy TD passes

3. Getting horribly annihilated when ever attempting to block anybody

4. Not even seeing easy TD passes thrown right between his eyeballs in the end-zone

But yet every week for the last year there's 10,000 posts on how stupid Bo is for not benching Marlowe, Tmart or whoever so he plays every single snap. "He's in Bo's doghouse!!!"

I guess it's just over my head.

I learned that I just can't figure out how the internet genius crowd rates JT as J. Rodgers x10. It seems I'm always seeing him...

1. Running the wrong route

2. dropping easy TD passes

3. Getting horribly annihilated when ever attempting to block anybody

4. Not even seeing easy TD passes thrown right between his eyeballs in the end-zone

But yet every week for the last year there's 10,000 posts on how stupid Bo is for not benching Marlowe, Tmart or whoever so he plays every single snap. "He's in Bo's doghouse!!!"

I guess it's just over my head.

Honestly, I think Turner has stepped up this year. He's got room for improvement, but he's getting better everyday I think.

Wow, ease up on the ripping there. Jamal's a talented kid and a good team player. I don't really get the anger here.

Well gee, maybe because there is no anger.

I just don't see why he's a superstar that "should" have been playing every snap (that been in endless posts the last year).

Corner fade on 3rd and goal is maybe the worst and most infuriating playcall ever. And you see it all the time, even in the NFL. It's incredibly low-percentage and such a cop-out by a coordinator.

Last week some NFL team, can't remember who, had 3rd and goal from the 2 in a 4-down situation. What do they do? Back-to-back corner fades, lol. It was like they were just trying to piss me off...

The B1G refs seem to be treating us like outsiders

Whoever oversee's the officiating in the B1G had to be watching that game in complete embarrassment. At one point, one of the announcers said that the refs were calling it consistently through out the game. I was thinking to myself, yeah, they're consistently sucking...