Braylon Heard--Where did he disapear

Bo's always kind of favored his starters. You see it with Taylor a lot-- he stays in the game during blowouts, doesn't come out if we're losing big, etc.

I don't know if it's on Bo or Beck, but I wish Braylon got more touches too. As good as AA is, I think Braylon is more of a natural runningback. I think he's got a little better vision and follows his blocks better. And the fact that he tried so hard to get here, has switched positions multiple times, and still doesn't get more carries with Burk down would be maddening if I were him. Ultimate team player. I've got a lot of respect for the kid.

I'm not really sure it's safe to say Braylon has better vision. There's a reason AA returns punts and kicks. Either way Braylon seems to have some explosiveness no other RB on our team has. Seems like when he does get out there he always make a play. I guess we'll see going forward. Just glad we won.

Heard definitely has better vision than Abdullah, but Abdullah is more elusive than Heard and Cross, that is why he returns our punts. Heard is a beast, and I have said it all season, this is one kid I think we need to get the ball too. We wasted Cross' redshirt ability, and feel we should utilize that. I am not sure if Cross didn't want to redshirt, what, but we need to get them both the ball. Keep Abdullah healthy and fresh through all 4 quarters.

Same with Janovich. They coaches burn his redshirt ability, tease us with his play ability, brag about him, but only use him for blocking... another player on offense who should get a few runs lol.

I bet if Cross was red shirted, he would be doing 50 pull ups as a RS Freshman! On the 1st and goal at the 5, why didn't we go with Janovich and Cross for 4 straight plays? We wouldn't have had to settle for a FG I bet...

I was waiting for Heard to get a carry as well. At the end of the third quarter, AA asked for a blow, and I was hoping that Braylon was going to get in. Time expired, and AA started the fourth quarter. I am also wondering if he is hurt. I am guessing this will come up a today's conference. Inquiring minds want to know.

I'd like to see more Heard. I hope Cross develops, but I think he should have redshirted.

If Heard is in the doghouse, well, for a guy who fought academically to get to NU and then switched to DB and back, I'd like to think he gets some leniency.

Does Bo put players in the doghouse for neglecting their classes? I thought someone posted that Bo will do this. If that is the case, Braylon needs to work harder at his studies.

Not seeing Heard or much of Cross also sends kinda a bad message to recruits. Basically, it implies that if you're not the #1 guy (and you (the recruit) won't be for at least 2 more years) you're getting roughly a touch-a-game. Would you want to enter that kind of situation as a stud HS back?

That is the situation at almost any big program. U$C has verbals from 2 of the top 3 RB's for 2013 and they have Silas Redd for another year and they signed 2 in 2011. There is bound to be competition everywhere. Alabama reloads the stable every year and those RB's don't seem to mind.

Braylon's issue is in pass protection that is why you dont see him get carries. They didnt want to tip our hand if we were going to run it or pass if you go back and look at when he was in there the last few games it was 90% run. If he had the pass protection down better he would get more looks.

Braylon's issue is in pass protection that is why you dont see him get carries. They didnt want to tip our hand if we were going to run it or pass if you go back and look at when he was in there the last few games it was 90% run. If he had the pass protection down better he would get more looks.

I disagree! Put the ball under his arm and then you can forget about pass blocking. He can also catch the ball. Cross has a lot to learn about blocking and he was out there. This is why I feel Pelini has a way to go as a head coach. He does not develop his talent. If you all recall the great years from the TO era, lots of kids saw time on the field, even in some of the close games. If they get a chance to get on the field, it serves as an incentive for them to work hard in practice and push the guys in front of the back ups. Then, everybody wins, including the team.

@HuskerExtraSip

RB Braylon Heard tweaked groin last week. Could've played Saturday, but NU didn't want to use him unless necessary, Pelini said.

Just gonna post it Knapp. Good point. Yet another "doghouse downer" That's another concept that's getting old hearing about.

I'm not sure if that was in regard to what I said, but I wasn't implying that was the situation.

I think most of the time people say it's doghouse related there is almost always another reason. I used to believe in the doghouse, but I have really learned over the last couple years that kids get hurt and Bo just doesn't like to talk about who is hurt and why. I'm not sure if this is a good thing or not. It's great for privacy for the players and gameplanning, but it can paint a picture of not letting kids play which can turn recruits off. When in actuality, Bo is probably protecting the players who are injured and being there for them which recruits would love to see.

@HuskerExtraSip

RB Braylon Heard tweaked groin last week. Could've played Saturday, but NU didn't want to use him unless necessary, Pelini said.

Just gonna post it Knapp. Good point. Yet another "doghouse downer" That's another concept that's getting old hearing about.

I'm not sure if that was in regard to what I said, but I wasn't implying that was the situation.

Not you in particular, no. If you in anyway eluded to the doghouse situation (I really dont know, most times i dont pay attention to who's saying what) then yes, it was directed to you too. Good day sir. :D

It's seems to be a perception that floats around here a lot. Not necessarily by a lot of posters, but it gets thrown around and there is no substance backing it whatsoever.