Are we a sleeping giant?

Seriously. Logical discussion here. Derpers and trolls just stay the hell out.

I've watched 3 of these this year now, and a quarter and half of whoopin up likely NC favorite going into next year. Sure, I know we have MAJOR issues of mental mistakes. But after 3 of these now, it's clearly obvious to me that the Big 10, and maybe even the country are possibly thinking twice about this program, wondering what's gonna happen if we get our sh#t together. We somehow find a way to flip a switch at any point and it's done.

So in ending. Are we? Are we a sleeping giant in college football right now. We have the talent. OBVIOUSLY we have the psychology. We have the coaches.

ps. Anyone who wants to say anything negative about the job Dobson is doing S&C wise, youre' dun. We are winning these games because by the end of the game, the other team is done, and we could go another quarter yet. There has been some random derp about this aspect here and there, but it is a non-issue right now.

If these comeback victories were against pretty good teams, I'd agree. Wisconsin was putrid when we played them, and we made them look pretty damn good. Michigan State has one of the worst offenses in the country and we made them look perfectly capable. Northwestern isn't even in the same stratosphere talent-wise, but they're a scrappy bunch.

We're slightly better than these average teams. Maybe that means we're a sleeping giant, maybe it means we're just slightly above average.

• Fire 2

We're an offensive juggernaut that trips over its own shoelaces. If the offense plays any of these last few games mistake free, they're all blowouts.

The defense has improved a lot.

I think we're getting better and steadily improving all year long, which is what championship teams do. So that's pleasing.

The discipline isn't complete, but the heart is strong.

We took VERY good care of the ball tonight. No fumbles, except for the one by Taylor that he was down, its whatever. The INT's were numbskull INT's, but Taylor is a winner, and knows how to pull this team together, and come back when MOST people doubt.

We put some good yards against a VERY good defense, but we do have some work to do on offense. Defense could have played better, stopping the run, but its a win, and I will take it.

Well guys, when I say sleeping giant, I guess I tried to refer more to the physical tools and the psychological edge type of thing. This team has that. I know there are problems. Turnovers, penalties etc ETC ETC. Hence the sleeping part. So, as said already, if we clean up the crap, then yes, there is no one we cant compete.

We made the putrid Wisconsins and Michigan St's and Northwesterns look good because of these sleeping mistakes. I guess that is what I was getting at.