Are we a sleeping giant?

Yes. I think a number of posters have hit on this recently, but we have talent on this team like you wouldn't believe. Size, speed, power, talent.

For some reason it continues to not be completely put together.

If it ever 'clicks', if that light bulb comes on...this team will be really, really hard to stop.

Well guys, when I say sleeping giant, I guess I tried to refer more to the physical tools and the psychological edge type of thing. This team has that. I know there are problems. Turnovers, penalties etc ETC ETC. Hence the sleeping part. So, as said already, if we clean up the crap, then yes, there is no one we cant compete.

We made the putrid Wisconsins and Michigan St's and Northwesterns look good because of these sleeping mistakes. I guess that is what I was getting at.

If this is the metric then yes, although you could say that about almost any team. Talent only goes so far (see Texas), after a point mental toughness, execution, team work, and play calling take over (see K-State)

Sleeping giant, no way we are not nearly good enough on the O line. i also feel we lack the caliber of players to be considered a giant. We are an average team in a weak league right now. If we could eliminate errors we would be a good team in a weak league. Take an honest look at our personel, can you name anyone who you would say is a lock for the NFL?

Here's another thought, how scary is it that our offense is chock-full of erratic performances, mistakes, miscues, and holding themselves back?

If that unit would play up to its pure talent potential, it would be one of the most terrific shows college football has ever seen.

I don't know. Maybe I'm on a post-game high.

There is no team in the country that we couldn't play with. Look throughout this season and imagine our best quarter of play on either side of the ball. Maybe D for quarter 3 of game X and the offense for the 4th quarter of game Z. Imagine now if we could find a way to put it all together for a complete game. We have dynamic athletes on O, Martinez, AA, Heard, Turner, Bell, Quince etc and some good guys on D Martin, Compton, Evans, SJB, Cooper etc..... Bo and beck have had flashes of greatness.

We just need to find a way to minimize the stupidity in all phases and from the staff and players. We stop the penalties and TO's we look like world beaters on O. Beck quits going full stupid and we cut down on mistakes by Martinez in the passing game. Get back to basics on D, ditch the 2 gap crap and we do a great job of stopping the run ie Michicken and NW.

We could be a giant if we stopped sleep walking through the games.